wanted Looking for farmers jalapeño or elephant ears seeds.

bucdout57 said:
Anyone try these yet? The farmers jalapeño look snarly and the elephant ears look good for stuffing.
im with you on that those farmers jal. look amazing wonder what its taste like  :drooling:

Elephant ear peppers have been around  for a long time.
At least since 2000 when I grew them.

They were a popular variety before Super Hots took over.
The local Nursery used to sell the plants about 5 yrs. ago.

Thanks guys. Didn't think about looking at Judy's. Just got some in from her last week. Will be placing an order with her again. Thanks again guys.
pepperguy1 said:
Nope.I do like me some stuffed jalapenos.They put jalapenos on my subs this whole week.Maybe,they were farmers type? :drunk:
How do you add the funny characters?

How do you add the funny characters? When you are typing ,there will be a smiley face between text color and my media.Click on it,then click on show all. :shh: Have fun with them. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: Show all will be at the bottom. :party: Sometimes there will be a window box a the bottom,just check on in.The box with the pepper in it and Emoticons on it. If you have trouble with it are need help with something just hit me up. :cheers:

Shame you aren't local; I sell plants.

Farmer's Jalapeño. I left them in full shade a bit too long and a few of them got too rangy. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Elephant Ear:

I'm also pretty stoked about Pasilla de Oaxaca, Sukari, and Hair pepper, which I also got from Judy.
pepperguy1 said:
Nope.I do like me some stuffed jalapenos.They put jalapenos on my subs this whole week.Maybe,they were farmers type? :drunk:
If they were Farmers', you'd know it. Those things are pretty gnarly-looking.

Those are some really nice looking plants Mike. :cheers:

Wicked Mike said:

Farmer's Jalapeño. I left them in full shade a bit too long and a few of them got too rangy. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Elephant Ear:

I'm also pretty stoked about Pasilla de Oaxaca, Sukari, and Hair pepper, which I also got from Judy.

Wicked Mike said:

Elephant Ear:

Wicked Mike said:

Elephant Ear:

Wicked Mike said:

Elephant Ear:

Wicked Mike said:
Elephant Ear:

Nice looking plants Mike. What us your soil blend? If you don't mind me asking? And how old or new are they? How many weeks that is?

bucdout57 said:
Nice looking plants Mike. What us your soil blend? If you don't mind me asking? And how old or new are they? How many weeks that is?
I don't mind at all. My germination mix is coco coir, Black Kow, and perlite; I'm tinkering with other additives as well (mycorrhizal fungus spores, biochar, azomite, micronized oyster shells, worm castings, etc). My potting mix is Canadian peat, pine bark, Black Kow, perlite, a 50/50 mix of 70-day and 180-day Nutricote, and mycorrhizal spawn.

The seedlings are probably two weeks old. I really have to get back in the habit of recording these things.

Back