• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Looky what I got

I haven't bought any new sauces for a while so I figured it was time. I got in touch with Johnny and put a little order together. Believe it or not, even though he was just coming home from North Market, it came less than 48 hrs later! Check it out.

100_8261.jpg

Not only did I get super speedy service, he game a discount and included three pieces of "scorn bread". What a class act! Thanks Johnny and Nicole. I will be commenting on these sauces as I try them. Oh yeah, in case you can't read them from the picture, I got his threepack of the Classic Gold sauce, the Jalapeno Pineapple sauce and the Mango Hab sauce. I have had these before and they are all fantastic. I am really looking forward to trying the 1498 Trinidad Scorpion sauce and the Mauvais Sang (which translates to Bad Blood) Dorset Naga extract sauce. Should be a lot of heat around here! There may even be an official review come out of this. Stay tuned.

Yeah really good. I have had nearly everything they make except the Albo-gator. All first rate so I expect more of the same from the new ones.

I loved those products at ZestFest. I tasted the Mauvais sang but did not realize it was made with extract. I bought the 1498 which I like, and I got the Mango Hab which I'm very happy to say that my wife likes it as do I. Also got the Datil Trail preserves which Nicole says I should eat with Ice Cream. Looking forward to trying that. Johnny gave me a Bhut Jolokia blondie that I shared with numerous people at work and all were amazed with it.

What is in the "scorn bread"?

Thinking of placing an order for some of those products of theirs that you reviewed. Thanks for doing the reviews.

Cheers Mike

Scorn bread as I understand it is superhot corn bread, but I didn't eat it yet so I really can't comment. Maybe tomorrow I will. Tonight, I took out the Mauvais Sang and shared it with friends. All said it had a great flavor and then the heat hit. There were varying reactions from looks of shock to profuse sweating to swearing. I also put some of the 1498 on a club sub and loved the flavor. More detailed reviews to come, but I couldn't wait to try them.

I keep eating the 1498 and every time it is the same thing. I start out thinking how good it tastes and "it's not that hot" and then... I am sweating and my mouth starts burning. This time I really poured it on and I got the hiccups for a minute. Really good stuff Johnny.

Thanks for all the great feedback guys, it means a lot to us and we're glad everyone is enjoying our creations! As far as the scorn bread, it is the incinerating corn bread we created for the Challenge at North Market, It's packaged like the brownies and it jam packed with Bhut Jolikia Powder, Dorset Naga Puree and a little bit of the mauvais sang! I do have a couple of dozen left over from the show and I'll be sending those out in orders until they are gone.

Love the products. Had my first taste of Heartbreaking Dawns at Weekend of Fire. Got some goodies then - and of course being a girl I had to get their t-shirt too. ;)

Last week just bought the hubby a gift certificate for his bday. Now we are awaiting the delivery of the goodies! :)

Have you tried to scorn bread yet? Hope you have otherwise its probably to late :oP

Yeah and I posted pics of what I did with it on FB. Johnny had them on his wall. You didn't see? Scorn Bread topped with 1498 sirloin tips and jack cheese. Let me see if I can find it again. I'll put it here.

100_8270.jpg

Looks awesome. As I a relative newbie to the hot sauce world, I only just found out about HBD LOL. MY BAD SO SORRY. But spreading the word now lol. If only I could get hold of some of that sauce

....tried to order two bottles today....but the site said my e-mail address was already being used and wouldn't let me proceed. :(

I gave up after 5 tries. :mope:

Back