event Louisiana Hot Sauce Expo 2014

I got back late Monday night from the Louisiana Hot Sauce Festival....eek that's a long drive!

Being my first ever hot sauce festival, I don't have much to base it on, but here goes...

For a first time event, I think Dana did a good job, he came up with a plan B when he realized that it was going to pour rain all weekend, was it perfect? no, but did it work? yes.
The venue was amazingly pretty, however out of the way and allowed for no foot traffic.

Unfortunately neither I nor most of the other vendors sold enough to break even, but I had an amazing amount of fun and got to meet some fabulous people (including some of my heros!), I got to try some awesome sauces and bring a HUGE haul home to try, oh and Feisty Parrot is now available at the Puckerbutt store and about to be in several stores in Canada, which is really exciting...details on that to follow :dance:

The haul that I have to try to find cupboard/fridge space for!

LA Haul.jpg

Well, I didn't get totally skunked.

(2) 3rd Places for Pickled Pepper Medley and Chipotle Mustard.
DavezFoodz (DuvallDave) got a 1st and 2nd.  Congratz, Dave! 

No worries, Feisty.  Lucky Dog checked on Sunday on the website and didn't see any Texas Creek.  We've been out of power and internet due to the wildfires, and the curiosity was killing me.  So I texted Scott and asked him to check.  To be fair, I think he only checked the bbq.  ;)   It was a nice surprise when I did get there to check. 

Looks like you've quite the collection of goodies to enjoy!

PepperDaddy said:
Congrats Ann.  I didn't notice either.  This CaJohn guy is trouble though  :P
Meh- he does his thing, I do mine, as do we all! 

and Thanks!

fugedaboutit~~~ I had more important things to worry about at the time anyway....
:cheers:

Back