• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Low fat capsicum???

Sorry posted this in the wrong place.:oops: This is better
:lol: Has anyone noticed the Edgell add foe low fat capsicum on the Hot Pepper home page. As far as I know there is no fat in any capsicum anywhere. Maybe they have Genetically Engineered one and crossed it with a seal gene or a milking cow orsomething. MMM Eat a Fat Jolokia but burn off the calories at the same time.Since the capsaicin is oil soluble that would really transport the HEAT around the body.Wouldnt it? :lol:

I've heard about a water based capsaisin extract instead of the oil-based PureCap type products. That might be what they are talking about. I guess it's a marketing angle?!?

Links???

Capsicum fruits do have fat in them. not greatly and mainly in the seeds, but they still do...

salsalady said:
I've heard about a water based capsaisin extract instead of the oil-based PureCap type products. That might be what they are talking about. I guess it's a marketing angle?!?

Links???
This is the site that the advert points to but I cant find any reference to the actual product. Maybe just a way to get you in and excited over a canned vegie website.

http://www.edgell.com.au/#/home

Just found the product. it doesn't say it's a Capsicum with reduced fat, but it does say how Capsicum is good for you and doesn't have much fat in it.

Omri said:
Capsicum fruits do have fat in them. not greatly and mainly in the seeds, but they still do...

How about these pics from PRF of his Brain Strain 7's? Look at that nasty oil! The capsaicin in the oil is the reason it's poinless to drink water if you've eaten something too hot.

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

Edgell Capsicum
Our Capsicum are Low In Fat & Have No Artificial Colours or Flavours
www.Edgell.com.au
Of course how stupid of me "Oil"="Fat" Now I did know that capsicums had oil in them just didnt equate it to fat.
When I get my nutritional content info bar made on the free govt website they always say 0 fat. Maybe just to little to register per serve.

Why do they tip their sheep on their backs when they make love to them?
So they dont break their necks when they kiss em. Doh!!!

But seriously folks where do I get my hands on those brain strain seeds. They look "nasty."

Why are ppl's so obsessed with oils? (fat and oil are the same thing...) I don't know what the oil is in a chilli but it won't be a trans saturated or saturated triglyceride molecule. Chances are it's mono or poly-unsaturated, which is good for your low density lipids (LDL=healthy cholesterol)

Deathtosnails said:
Why are ppl's so obsessed with oils? (fat and oil are the same thing...) I don't know what the oil is in a chilli but it won't be a trans saturated or saturated triglyceride molecule. Chances are it's mono or poly-unsaturated, which is good for your low density lipids (LDL=healthy cholesterol)

We are obsessed with it because capsicum is a oil. Oil in a chili=HOT!

My post reads as don't worry about the oil in chillies as it probably is not a fat or oil (same thing) that will make you fat...

Ever see anyone overweight from eating fruit or veggies?

Deathtosnails said:
My post reads as don't worry about the oil in chillies as it probably is not a fat or oil (same thing) that will make you fat...

Ever see anyone overweight from eating fruit or veggies?
I guess I'm looking at your post another way. I can see where you are coming from no big deal just a small mix up.I was saying that the oil is the hot stuff you were talking about the health effects. Just a small misunderstanding I understand what you are saying.

Back