labels Lucky Dog Hot Sauce new label!

Just the front panel. The full label is with my mfgr being approved (font size, regulatory stuff, etc) 

So excited - my friend Robin Case painted this when we both had the same idea for it at the same time. Inspired by the graphic art of Kara Thauer (who designed my original label) which then inspired a tattoo, which then inspired me to decide that it had to be my next label, so Erik Bucher adapted the painting into a label format and I could not be more pleased. That inspired the sauce that I will be releasing with a Kickstarter campaign next month. It's a taqueria-style verde sauce, medium heat with tomatillo and roasted garlic. I believe it's my best yet - it's my most Mexican-style sauce. 

Dia del Perro, "Day of the Dog" (there's a translation on the romance panel) - the alteration works a little better in English, but the Latin customers I've showed it to have all loved it (as have all my other customers). It's a bit playful, as the Dia de Muertos tradition rarely extends to animals, but I loved the fit and I am so glad we could have a little humor with it and yet be respectful and honor the tradition. 

Presenting: Dia del Perro! 

10245477_10152343960370340_8630721367934690666_n.jpg

:woohoo:

That was my super sneaky sneak preview....never told anyone it would be a label. I didn't even know yet myself back then but I was talking to my friend about buying the copyright from her with that idea in mind. 
:)

Yeah - no way I could do a foil label for this. it would take 100 revisions to get the colors corrected - I'd love to make the whites of his eyes shine and have the flames reflect, but the foil paper changes all the colors so dramatically there's just no way. I think it'll look great in high gloss anyway, and bonus: it saves me $.02-.03 per label. 

Back