labels Lucky Dog Hot Sauce new label!

Just the front panel. The full label is with my mfgr being approved (font size, regulatory stuff, etc) 

So excited - my friend Robin Case painted this when we both had the same idea for it at the same time. Inspired by the graphic art of Kara Thauer (who designed my original label) which then inspired a tattoo, which then inspired me to decide that it had to be my next label, so Erik Bucher adapted the painting into a label format and I could not be more pleased. That inspired the sauce that I will be releasing with a Kickstarter campaign next month. It's a taqueria-style verde sauce, medium heat with tomatillo and roasted garlic. I believe it's my best yet - it's my most Mexican-style sauce. 

Dia del Perro, "Day of the Dog" (there's a translation on the romance panel) - the alteration works a little better in English, but the Latin customers I've showed it to have all loved it (as have all my other customers). It's a bit playful, as the Dia de Muertos tradition rarely extends to animals, but I loved the fit and I am so glad we could have a little humor with it and yet be respectful and honor the tradition. 

Presenting: Dia del Perro! 

10245477_10152343960370340_8630721367934690666_n.jpg

:woohoo:

The Hot Pepper said:
Amazing label... kudos to the artist.

FeistyParrot said:
We LOVE your new label!

Robin Case executed my vision beyond my wildest expectations in her painting, and then Erik Bucher is the graphic artist who brought it all home. 

I'm looking at a bottle right now and I am in awe of how perfectly it came out. 

I always believe in giving artists the freedom to work - if I don't like something they can always change it. Because of that the artists I work with appreciate me for giving them that freedom and tend to do better work than if I micromanaged them - that was totally the case here. Robin blew me away with the painting, which is proudly displayed in my home. Then Erik's nuances with the 3D effects of the butterfly wing poking out, and the scroll with the flash-art font (all hand-done) were the brilliant touches that really brought it together. 

I've entered it into the World Hot Sauce Awards in the Label Art category - 1st time I've ever entered that category. I can't help but think it's gotta win something

And I hope it does, because Robin deserves all the attention that this is bringing her. Since ZZ Top shared my Kickstarter on their fan page the label has gotten thousands of hits. almost 4K likes on the post and nearly 500 shares. And she deserves every second of it. If the label wins, she will again be thrown in the spotlight - I can't take credit just for having an idea - ideas are worthless without execution.

Thanks for the feedback, all! :cheers:

ce195c1846c514a3a90cbb5da9778eb2_large.JPG

9a76e04447f13c363aff7a6a0d3b72b4_large.JPG

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Looking forward to it making its way to the lightbox! 

Very soon my friend! 

Lucky Scruffy!  :lol:

It is AWESOME sauce!  and the artwork is gorgeous!  Just a few more days until the World Hot Sauce results (July 18th) 

Hey Scott, did you get a van yet?  (Just Kidding!!!)  Don't throw my t-shirt in the dumpster!  :rofl:

:rofl:

Yeah - hopefully it'll place in the label art category - I really want the artist to be able to add "award winning hot sauce label" to her resume/portfolio.

She's so damn talented and deserves all the credit in the world.
:)

And thank you both for the kind words - on chicken enchiladas with red sauce, or on scalloped potatoes with cheese it's pretty delicious!

Back