• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Madballz 7?

I'm not sure but i did do a video review of it. I think cmpman1974 here on the hot pepper grows it you can message him.

It's a cross between the BJ Chocolate x 7 Pot Yellow, so a C. Chinense.

IMAG0572_.jpg

I love these peppers!
My garden continues to hallucinate!
As I had 3 colors come out on my Madballz!
1 Chocolate,2 burgundy and 3 red plants! :)

coloredMBz.jpg

:cool:
Kevin

Too cool Kevin, I'd love to grow these, so sweet how you got three different colors. I had a naga Morich this year that put out red pods when fully ripe, then half way through the season they changed to orange when fully ripe. It was wicked! I see some awesome powders a coming.

Thanks David!
These arent the only plants hallucinating in my garden. :eek:
I had Not Black naga plants give off yellow pods, and another red pods,,
I also had TS Green plants ,some normal, some yellow and some Brown! :beer:

Kevin

So is this just a case of incompleat dominance at the brown gene? Where the red = R and the brown = B so a cross between a burgundy and a burgundy gives

BRxBR

.25RR = red pods
.5BR = burgundy pods
.25BB = brown pods

It's interesting but a bit unfortunate because the Madballz is supposed to be burgundy, this would suggest that this could never happen. I'll do a little reading on brown genetics, but if this is the case someone will have to decide if the Madballz 7 should be brown or red.

Just looked this up, it does seem to be the cl gene and it works as I said

No, not at all. What I'm understanding is that you have several differant plants from the same Madballz seed stock and what you got was 3 differant colors. If that's correct and every generation you pick a burgundy plant to take the next generations seed stock it will always work out just like this. You should always get all 3 colors.

You are correct about getting different colored plants from the same stock.
That is cool that the coloring would work that way! :)
So , what if I saved from a brown,,or red pod,? or is it just the Burgundy you think will change?

Interesting stuff!

Kevin

Until you get some more generations under your belt there will always be variation. Picking one color and working with it will eventually stabilize that color....I think.

As I understand it, the red will always give red, the brown will always give brown and the burgundy will always give 25% red, 25% brown 50% burgundy. I think the Burgundy is just the midway point between red and brown and has both genes. So color will be 100% stable in the next generation if you were to pick the other 2 colors but pick burgundy and it will never stabilize.

Back