• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Made a new sauce

Made a new sauce today... Sterilized the jar as well this time too :cool:

I used:
5 Trinidad Scorpion ButchT
1 peach
1 white onion
2 clove of minced garlic
1 carrot
2 TBSP white vinegar
1 TBSP lime juice
1 cup of water
And a dash of salt

Blended it all up, simmered for 20 minutes, blended, and jarred.

I took a quick taste while it was cooling down...A slight sweet taste at the beginning, then burn baby burn :hell:

2011-07-09134258.jpg

Good lookin' hot sauce but I'd switch the water and vinegar amounts, 1 cup vinegar and 2 tbsp. water for a longer shelf life but I'm guessing it won't last that long anyway. I bet the peach gives it a nice flavor before the punch, yum. :dance:

Since both vinegar and lime or lemon juice are acidic and can be used for pH control, unless you like the vinegar flavor I would use 1 cup of lime or lemon juice. Keep the 2 TBSP white vinegar for flavor if desired. Basically bring the vinegar or the lime juice to 1 cup and you should be fine. Keep the cup of water and then slow boil/simmer for 10 minutes longer. 30 minutes is the safe boil time and you can go longer then that if wanted and use a spoon to dip and pour some off to check thickness. Remember it will thicken slightly while cooling.

Back