• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Made some TACOS!

Ok so I made some tacos and they were the freaking BOMB!!! They are ridiculously easy to make and are delicious.

Okie dokie this is what you need:
1. Pork roast
2. Poblano and Anaheim peppers
3. Heavy Cream
4. Corn
5. Black Beans
6. Rotel
7. Taco Seasoning
8. Limes
9. Onions
10. Garlic
11. Beer

Ok so here is what you do....

1. Put the roast in crock pot and mix the taco seasoning with just enough water to kind of dissolve it. This will cook for about ten hours on low.
30ff32df.jpg

2. Put you corn in a pan and cook it until some of it gets kind of burnt. If you can, you need to grill the corn but it was raining when I was cooking.
03a7adf1.jpg

3. Once your corn is to your liking, Add some of the rotel to the corn. Be sure you have thoroughly drained the rotel you don't want to add any liquid. Add just enough rotel that it looks good to you you probably will not need the whole can.
ea56890d.jpg

4. Now add some, again not all, of the black beans and make sure that they are very well drained and rinsed other wise your corn will turn black. Add salt and pepper to taste.
089e4bdc.jpg

5. Put your poblanos and anaheims on a pan and put them in an oven with the broiler on and roast them.
902edcfb.jpg

6. After your peppers are roasted they should look something like this.
38dc1697.jpg

7. Peel and chop the peppers and put them in a pan with some onions and garlic cook them until the onions are soft.
8d94c886.jpg

8. Now throw the pepper onion mix into a blender with some heavy cream and blend it until its smooth. Now remember you can alway add more cream but its is very difficult to to remove any.
c9132dcc.jpg

9. Here is what the meat should look like when its done.
ce78b62e.jpg

10. now make you tacos!!! a little poblano cream sauce, some avocado , some of the corn, a little squeeze of lime and a beer!!! enjoy!!!
04a698c0.jpg

Hope you like it!!!

I like to be liking that but ....

Whereda' hot stuff at?

I eat taco's almost every day.

Awesome pics!

Gimme' some heat amigo!

i was so game until i seen last pic. pull the fruit off and give me a nother scoup of that mix.

You don't like avocado?

Looks good but the canned corn that stuff always tastes funky. Fresh, baby, fresh!

You don't like avocado?

Looks good but the canned corn that stuff always tastes funky. Fresh, baby, fresh!
I was going to grill corn on the cob and use that but it was pouring down rain here and I didn't think about using the broiler in the oven until it was too late, the pork was going to be smoked not cooked in a crock pot, I hat that roast sitting in the taco seasoning mix for 24 hours to get it ready but the rain just wouldn't stop... Lol still the very well drained canned corn worked good enough.

You are forgiven since it was planned! :)

The only corn I can stand from a can is the air-packed. If that. The stuff in water is mushy and has a funky "going bad" taste to me.

Back