• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

MAGIC MUSHROOMS AND PERSONALITY

Although shrooms aren't for me now that I am older, I did play with them many times when I was younger and I believe there is lots of potential for medicinal usage there. I can vouch, from first hand personal experience, that they can have a long lasting, positive effect. On the other hand, they can also have a long lasting negative effect (ie: bad trip, which, again, I know from first hand experience). The positive effects, in my experience, far outweigh the negative. I am not saying one should go out and shroom all the time, but I support their responsible recreational use and medicinal testing and use.

queequeg152 said:
there was a thread some weeks back discussing a similar issue.

FWIW we all landed on these two points:

drugs r bad.

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDZqmF3zS04&feature=player_detailpage

That pretty much sums it up. :rofl:

The times i've taken mushrooms have been very profound and pleasant. The one that sticks out the most was when me and my friends ate some out at a local waterfall at night. We watched the stars move like water which was pretty awesome. Sounds dangerous taking them at a waterfall but the funniest part of the night was that we got the balls to start walking up to the edge and we thought we were so close but we were about 50 feet away. lol

Someone who has never used them sees it as just another drug but I can tell you from experience that there's something deeper to it. It has made me more open to new ideas like this article talks about. I'm more introspective than I already was and I see the world in a completely different light. It's hard to explain honestly, but there is absolutely no doubt that it is good.

And maybe the weirdest part was that I hated the taste of any kind mushrooms till after I ate psilocybin mushrooms. Unlike most people I actually started to like how they taste and now I eat mushrooms on lots of things

Pepperjack91 said:
And maybe the weirdest part was that I hated the taste of any kind mushrooms till after I ate psilocybin mushrooms. Unlike most people I actually started to like how they taste and now I eat mushrooms on lots of things

I never liked your normal run of the mill store bought mushrooms until someone convinced me to try some when I was on acid.  I ate a whole plate full of breaded fried mushrooms, and then had a dog bite my face.  Luckily it was a small yapper dog, so no damage done... Now I love mushrooms, but hate small yapper dogs.

I didn't try 'shrooms' until sometime later.  But it has been quite a while since I did any of that stuff.. 10 years or more.

Pepperjack91 said:
I've never done acid but I imagine it makes having a dog bite your face ten times worse than it already is

Yeah.  It was pretty terrifying.  :)  I kept asking people if I was bleeding... in retrospect, it was probably more of a nip, but in my head Cujo was coming after me.

I 'm more partial to CID shrooms always gave me anxiety for some reason. Probably because my first time I ate the whole quarter and was in a hostile situation. Prolly preconditioned me for negativity.

Back