Major announcement from Defcon Sauces

ONE SMALL STEP FOR HOT SAUCE, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR DEFCON

Well, we've had a virtual mudslide of e-mails in the last month or so from people wondering what we we've up to, as we haven't really kept anyone up to date with all the goings-on around here. It's true, we have been quiet for a little while as of late, but after a grueling schedule of 17+ events this summer, we took a little down time to ourselves. However, behind the scenes for the last 6+ months, we have also been working on a rather large project that is going to push our little company to the next level. Nick, Cheffy and Paul, in Nicks' truck on my ride back to the airport in Dallas during Zest Fest, got a sneak peek into the lovely world of corporate negotiations. Well, after hammering out the smallest of details, and many sleepless nights, we here at DEFCON HQ are proud to make this announcement. As of now, Defcon Sauces is proud to be:

"THE OFFICIAL WING SAUCE OF THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS AND
EXCLUSIVE SUPPLIER TO THE BRAND NEW PRUDENTIAL CENTER ARENA".

It's a friggin' HUGE step for us, and being that this is the first year of the new arena in Newark, NJ, getting in on the ground floor of the arena was a major priority. The new arena is absolutely gorgeous. We went to the open house last Sunday and were floored. The best part is, our wings will be served at ALL events (over 150 this year alone) at the bars and restaurants throughout the building. They will have all 3 levels of heat, and the bottles will also be available in each of the luxury boxes for every event. As you may or may not know, myself and Maggie are HUGE hockey fans, and it's very special to us to be able to promote our favorite team in a way that we see apropos. The above advertisement will be displayed throughout the arena as well as during every event. Man, I've been wanting to let people know what we were up to, however, I didn't want to jinx it. So, if you're ever in the area, stop by the most amazing (not to mention expensive) arena ever built in the United States, and chow down on some Defcon wings! Oh yeah, and keep an eye out for the Inaugural Year labels (hint).

Ok, that being said, we are also working on 3-4 different things for next year. As you can understand, with myself and Maggie, sleep is considered very over-rated and just a plain waste of time. We will be launching various new and quite interesting things at the many trade shows we will be attending (Albuquerque, Miami, Dallas and Jungle Jims), and yes, we will be issuing another Batch or two of ZERO's during the course of the upcoming year. We kind of fell behind on the production of a Batch #5, mainly due to the fact our time was not our own this summer. Who knows, the ZERO just might be available to the consuming public sometime next year as well (insert evil chuckle).

Man, this is a load off my mind being able to write this, and I must apologize for being so quiet for the last couple months, but the means have certainly justified the ends in this case. We here at DEFCON HQ do not know the meaning of term "slowing down". Right now, we're in a peak season with football and all, and have throttled back the event calendar a bit. Do note, we WILL be doing our annual NFL Championship Defcon Day at Toro Loco in South Orange, NJ again on Sunday, January 20th. Yes, there will be a Deathmatch. Many of you who attended the last January event definitely remember the chaos!

With all that being said, we wish to thank all of you, who have allowed us to evolve into something much more than we had expected, especially given the short amount of time we have been around. We look forward to meeting all of you at some time, many for a repeat introduction, perhaps at one of our events or trade shows we'll be showing up at. With the amount of fun we've had thus far, we're looking forward to many more laughs with everyone, and maybe, just maybe, a few beers as well.​

John & Maggie

Congratulations John. Based on the flavour of your sauces, I am not surprised that you are having this kind of success. As someone who eats wings three or four times a week, I know a quality sauce when I taste it.

Now about that Defcon 0...:fire:...:cool:

POTAWIE said:
Good job and good luck. Go sens.:cool: Hey will we see your name on the boards at the Prudential centre?

Not on the boards, perhaps next year. Our ads will be played on all the concourses in the new arena.

hmmmm...is there a restaurant chain in your future??? Theyre sprouting up all over up here, and they all suck. Wild Wing - way overpriced. St Louis - too wimpy...a couple of others, whose names escape me...but obviously they made a bad impression...

Do you supply any major restaurant chains? If not, they're missing the boat...

Well done,
its great to see somebody do well who is as passionate as you are about sauce.
Well done to you both
From all at Fire foods UK

Hot Canuck said:
hmmmm...is there a restaurant chain in your future??? Theyre sprouting up all over up here, and they all suck. Wild Wing - way overpriced. St Louis - too wimpy...a couple of others, whose names escape me...but obviously they made a bad impression...

Do you supply any major restaurant chains? If not, they're missing the boat...

Good question. We've hit a lot of chains up, and they all think their sh*t doesn't stink, and they have the best wings on the planet. Kind of sad actually, when most of them are the standard cookie cutter commodity Franks and butter combination. Hey, not a problem here, I kind of like to laugh at the responses we get.

SWEET DEAL!!!

Now, down to brass tacks. Since you'll be supplying a major arena year round, can i finally get Defcon 1 in a 5 gallon bucket and how much?:onfire:

congrats to the defcon crew! that is great news. actually just had a sliced chicken sandwich with some defcon 1 for dinner tonight.

they put a hurting on the lightning tonight! i tuned in..it was 2 0 devils..turned the channel for a minute..came back to 2 1..thought the lightning had a shot at coming back. that nj defense was just everywhere though..wound up being 6 1. :shocked:

you give them some 0 in the locker room before the 3rd or something?? :lol:

Congratulations -- If you ever become interested in opening a chain theres space and an investor in Connecticut ;)

That is truely impressive, its probably a dream of most hot sauce people to get a contract like that.... forgive me for being a bit of a outsider.. is that a ice hockey stadium? Again Very cool
Mick

Back