bottles-jars Making a Hot Sauce Bottle Look Like a Champagne Bottle

Hey!

I am brainstorming a fun idea.  My friend and I want to make a special bottle of hot sauce that looks like a tiny champagne bottle! Of course a lot of this will come from the design of the label, but I'm curious if anyone has seen any types of creative corck tops for lids or any foil type shrink bands that could be used to help make this illusion work?  Also, instead of using a 5 oz woozy bottle this time, maybe there is a 5 oz bottle that is better shaped as a champagne bottle - that more curvy narrow look.

Thanks for any help that you may give! I can post updates on this later on, but it won't be for a while.

-J

I like wax dipping it can add class, and you don't need it to look exactly like champagne, just representative of it. Plus wax dipping will be easier than trying to get the gold foil to look factory, just my opinion. :)

The Hot Pepper said:

I added gold glitter to this batch.  Didn't show up as well as I had hoped. https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Cv1lxh4hy/

Maybe larger sized glitter would show better?  Dunno if that's even a thing. 

Dip in regular wax, then immediately sprinkle with fairy dust while the wax is still soft. I did some Fluffy Bunny sauces blue wax with gold glitter, and gold wax with blue glitter. Works great! Not so great if the glitter is dumped in the wax.

Also, corks are not acceptable for sauces which could be eaten. Which should be a caution for home sauce makers making a sauce to give away. Even covered with wax, corks do not provide a secure seal.

If the product is just to look at, fine. If you want the recipients to eat it, look at using a bottle that can be capped with a beer bottle crimp cap. It can then be waxed and decorated, maybe you could add the wire cage over all the wax and glitter for a final champagne touch.

Have Fun!
SL

salsalady said:
Dip in regular wax, then immediately sprinkle with fairy dust while the wax is still soft. I did some Fluffy Bunny sauces blue wax with gold glitter, and gold wax with blue glitter. Works great! Not so great if the glitter is dumped in the wax.

Also, corks are not acceptable for sauces which could be eaten. Which should be a caution for home sauce makers making a sauce to give away. Even covered with wax, corks do not provide a secure seal.

If the product is just to look at, fine. If you want the recipients to eat it, look at using a bottle that can be capped with a beer bottle crimp cap. It can then be waxed and decorated, maybe you could add the wire cage over all the wax and glitter for a final champagne touch.

Have Fun!
SL

I also tried sprinkling it on immediately afterwards.  It looked alright, but it seemed to like flaking off on my hands without a whole lot of rubbing. May have to give it another spin (still have tons of glitter!).    Do you have any pics of what yours looked like?

No one is suggesting corks just dipping to look like a foiled cork... and don't do the drips, so let it dry upside down until you can turn it over... 

It was a charity auction thing. Keep scrolling, you will see more bottles. Looks like I had yellow wax with blue glitter and blue with blue. It was a spur of the moment project, I pulled out whatever glitter I had in the 25 year old crafts box. Was not going to drive 40 miles to wallyworld for freaking glitter for a charity project. :lol:

You don't need glitter use the metallic wax I linked to.

I had a flashback... this sauce had it... way back in 2012.

1.png

I remembers that Lucky Dawg Sawse Co, got one that had a paw imprint on the top. Yea, that imprint idea didn't last long once LD realized how many bottles he was going to sell.. and that is still one of our family favorite sauces!

Aw, sheesh....I did it again! Side tracked....

Lucky Dog sauces are awesome! Go git'cha some!

Gold wax can work as a sealer for a champagne hot sauce bottle, gets the look. Add the wire cage at the end.

No no no the wire goes UNDER the foil, it would look dumb on top of the wax lol! The cap and neck already give a wire look under it. Call it done! 

With the label you would want to choose a wine stock material. Many different ones out there and there are a lot of fun stuff you can do with it to keep the look the dip wax can give you. My day job is a labels sales rep for a printing company and I work with a lot of breweries who use wine stock materials for special brews etc.

Wine stock material is more expensive though than just a SG paper. If your going for the gold look there is one wine stock that already comes with that look built into the material.

salsalady said:

Have Fun!
SL
hey salsa lady!
I am interested in learnng more about proper bottling techniques using the beer cap method. I am familar with traditional hot sauce bottling HFH method with 5 oz woozy bottles and plastic caps.  However, the beer lid capping would be different for me. Any place in the forum that has the directions? THANKS

Back