Making Chicken taste better?

I think I know why I dislike chicken so much?

My folks always cooked it the same exact way every time we had it.

So I'm thinking that's why I don't like chicken that much, But now I'm on my own I can try experiment with cooked chicken and chicken flavors.​

What would guys suggest I start so I can like chicken again? I do like those little Cornish Hens​

Probably calls for a flavor inject and a lots of chiles right?​

And please, Oh please can you guys keep it civil.

I like mine crispy. you can fry it or you can put it in the oven with Kosher salt surrounding it (not actually touching it). mmm... chicken.

Omri said:
I like mine crispy. you can fry it or you can put it in the oven with Kosher salt surrounding it (not actually touching it). mmm... chicken.
Ok, I only like chicken certain ways, Smoked, wing form, wing form with bbq sauce, and lightley battered, Kind of like in sweet and sour chicken recipe!

Ok, ok, ok... you don't mess with the chicken. don't overdo it. you use as little spices as possible if at all. use sauce only after you cook it, and even then don't overdo it. just like eating steak, you want to actually taste the meat.
Got a thing for wings? fry 'em, grill 'em, BBQ 'em... do whatever you want, just remember to respect the chicken.
If you never had real chicken that actually tastes like chicken, take a whole one and try that salt trick. yum.

Sickmont said:
I usually use a nice dry rub to impart some flavor, and sometimes a nice marinate instead.

Omri said:
Ok, ok, ok... you don't mess with the chicken. don't overdo it. you use as little spices as possible if at all. use sauce only after you cook it, and even then don't overdo it. just like eating steak, you want to actually taste the meat.
Got a thing for wings? fry 'em, grill 'em, BBQ 'em... do whatever you want, just remember to respect the chicken.
If you never had real chicken that actually tastes like chicken, take a whole one and try that salt trick. yum.
Thanks guys, Can I use a flavor injector just a little?

How have you been eating it? I can tell you chicken can suck. A grilled chicken breast is dull. But real BBQ chicken rocks!

thehotpepper.com said:
How have you been eating it? I can tell you chicken can suck. A grilled chicken breast is dull. But real BBQ chicken rocks!
Grilled chicken, Or when its sweet and sour night it's normal fried in peanut oil!

thehotpepper.com said:
Who eats grilled chicken breast? :shocked:
You eat the darker meat and keep the breast for Schnitzels. :)

Omri said:
I know Westerners love the white meat, and the rest of the world loves the dark... I like both. Wings are white, bro! And real BBQ kicks ass for white meat. But a grilled skinless boneless breast, as I said, is dull.

Omri said:
That actually sounds good, I've always wanted to try it ever since I found out what schnitzels is.

thehotpepper.com said:
I know Westerners love the white meat, and the rest of the world loves the dark... I like both. Wings are white, bro! And real BBQ kicks ass for white meat. But a grilled skinless boneless breast, as I said, is dull.
Ok I'll give it a go and I will buy some real bbq sauce today, I may try that Jack Danial's bbq sauce stuff today!

thehotpepper.com said:
You make me sound like a racist. :surprised:
I eat all parts of the chicken. there's just a proper way of preparing each type of meat. you do not grill chicken breasts... that's just boring.

PhatManDerek said:
Ok I'll give it a go and I will buy some real bbq sauce today, I may try that Jack Danial's bbq sauce stuff today!
I thought you didn't own a grill or know what BBQ meant? BBQ isn't done indoors, so don't tell me you're using the Foremman. If you're going to cook chicken indoors make a chicken curry or something.

PhatManDerek said:
Dude BBQ has nothing to do with sauce. I mean... you can add sauce, but it's mainly how you cook it. try Asado, it's pretty damn awesome as well.

thehotpepper.com said:
I thought you didn't own a grill or know what BBQ meant? BBQ isn't done indoors, so don't tell me you're using the Foremman. If you're going to cook chicken indoors make a chicken curry or something.
Well I don't call the foreman a grill but I was going to use that, and I was going to deep fry the wings in the fryer. Deep dry is a way to go.

PhatManDerek said:
Well I don't call the foreman a grill but I was going to use that, and I was going to deep fry the wings in the fryer. Deep dry is a way to go.
This is NOT BBQ, and not what Omri or I were talking about. You are far from BBQing my friend, throwing in the Foreman and adding sauce is going to produce that nasty chicken you are talking about. We already told you this in another thread. What you call BBQ is not BBQ.

PhatManDerek said:
That's not BBQing... :shocked:

thehotpepper.com said:
This is NOT BBQ, and not what Omri or I were talking about. You are far from BBQing my friend, throwing in the Foreman and adding sauce is going to produce that nasty chicken you are talking about. We already told you this in another thread. What you call BBQ is not BBQ.
Then Teach me Sensi :)

Omri said:
That's not BBQing... :shocked:

Basically you need a proper grill that allows you to cook ya meat without direct contact with the flame, therefor making the cooking a lot slower. if you're doing it for the first time, try one of those Asado grills you can adjust.

Back