Making Chicken taste better?

PhatManDerek said:
Then Teach me Sensi :)

Did someone say :high: Sensi??

Here's what I do to make chicken taste good.

Start with a whole chicken...
Melt a stick of butter over low heat and putin a few sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary, and about 10 cloves of garlic minced.

Cook that until the garlic is soft, and the house smells amazing.

peel back the breast skin on said whole chicken and spoon in the butter/garlic/herb mixture, reserving some for rubbing.

Pat chicken skin dry EVERYWHERE with a paper towel, and rubb chicken with remaining butter/herb mixture

Add salt and Pepper to taste on skin

Stuff rear end with 2 lemons quartered, 1 onion quartered, and as many cloves of whole garlic as you can fit

Bake @ 375F until done (depends on size of chicken). Ususally the leg bones will almost come right out of the drum-meat.

This is a garaunteed winner. Skin comes out nice and crispy, and the meat is permeated with garlicy herby buttery goodness, nice and moist from the lemons and onion stuffed within.

Just experiment man. Cut a breast open, stuff it with figs and goat cheese... cook... top with an orange/balsamic reduction and serve on a bed of greens. See, you can brainstorm and just come up with stuff. Could is suck? Of course! But experimenting is the key, unless you just want to make food from recipes.

Hey now don't go hating on my george foreman grilled chicken breasts. I eat those by the truckload when i'm on one of my "get in shape for the ladies" kicks. However my diet at the moment consists of beer & cereal.

thehotpepper.com said:
Just experiment man. Cut a breast open, stuff it with figs and goat cheese... cook... top with an orange/balsamic reduction and serve on a bed of greens. See, you can brainstorm and just come up with stuff. Could is suck? Of course! But experimenting is the key, unless you just want to make food from recipes.
Sounds weird. :shocked:

Personally I prefer turkey to chicken..more flavor IMO.

I love the chicken tenders tho for stir frys, cooked/pulled in sauce for a sammich or in a burrito. Chicken is bland, so it makes a great template for experimenting. Also rocks cooked in chiles and curry and served with balsamic rice and stuff.

Chicken is huge in Asian, Indian and Mexican cooking..all big parts of Chilehead lore.

Stuff like this: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Indian-Chicken-Curry-II/Detail.aspx

Its' not really authentic Chinese, but General Tso's Chicken is tasty.

http://visualrecipes.com/recipe-details/recipe_id/164/General-Tso's-Chicken/

Derek should love that site..all the recipes come with step-by-step pics. Very handy. ;)

It's just meat, do whatever ya like. :)

QuadShotz said:
Personally I prefer turkey to chicken..more flavor IMO.

I love the chicken tenders tho for stir frys, cooked/pulled in sauce for a sammich or in a burrito. Chicken is bland, so it makes a great template for experimenting. Also rocks cooked in chiles and curry and served with balsamic rice and stuff.

Chicken is huge in Asian, Indian and Mexican cooking..all big parts of Chilehead lore.

Stuff like this: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Indian-Chicken-Curry-II/Detail.aspx

Its' not really authentic Chinese, but General Tso's Chicken is tasty.

http://visualrecipes.com/recipe-details/recipe_id/164/General-Tso's-Chicken/

Derek should love that site..all the recipes come with step-by-step pics. Very handy. ;)

It's just meat, do whatever ya like. :)
Thanks quads, Does that mean I couldn't come up with idea's of my own? LOL.

PhatManDerek said:
Thanks quads, Does that mean I couldn't come up with idea's of my own? LOL.
Dude, you're the one that asked for help.

thehotpepper.com said:
Dude, you're the one that asked for help.
I know didn't you see LOL?

and I did thank quad for his link man, Which I've booked marked by the way, Everything looks worthy of a try on that site.

Go out and get any Walkerswood Jerk products and use it on the chicken. Or, get some Defcon and use that....Defcon makes chicken palatable again for me.

PMD, someone gave me some Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, sorry but I was not impressed and would not buy it myself. I know a lot of people like it but just not my thing, make your own sauce.

you need to buy some Ol Man stillmanz Devils tongue Jerk sauce.
southern fry some chicken or juast bbq it with a little jerk seasoning and get stuck in...
sorry for the blatent plug lol

stillmanz said:
you need to buy some Ol Man stillmanz Devils tongue Jerk sauce.
southern fry some chicken or juast bbq it with a little jerk seasoning and get stuck in...
sorry for the blatent plug lol
Plug away Stillz, I would say yeah I will buy some but it will be a while.

Perdue boner and skinless breast, slice almost in half length wise, baste in extra virgin olive oil, salt pepper and oregeno, Grill while misty olive oil occassionally, when almost done remove from grill an stuff center with smoked mozzarella and asparagus, then finish grilling, don't over cook.

thehotpepper.com said:
This is NOT BBQ, and not what Omri or I were talking about. You are far from BBQing my friend, throwing in the Foreman and adding sauce is going to produce that nasty chicken you are talking about. We already told you this in another thread. What you call BBQ is not BBQ.

LOL! This reminds me of the episode of King of the Hill with guest appearance by George Forman

GEORGE FOREMAN: How about carrying my grill in your shop?

HANK: Oh, sorry, but we have a strict policy about that. No novelty grills.

GEORGE FOREMAN: NOVELTY GRILLS?

HANK: Yeah. No offence, but your grill is kinda like an iron.

GEORGE FOREMAN: You're callin' my grill an iron? I've been hit below the belt before, but nothing like this!

HANK: I think it's a great product for dieters, or little girls who want to play barbecue, but you can't compare it to a propane-powered grill.

GEORGE FOREMAN: FIGHT'S ON!

HANK: What? No!

GEORGE FOREMAN: I said, fight's on! What's the matter, smellin' all that propane cause you brain damage? That's what it does, you know!

HANK: No! That is not accurate! Those studies were all done on sick monkeys! And at least my grill isn't sold in housewares!

Yea, chicken can be pretty boring if not done properly. My g/f really didn't like it until I cooked up some jerk wings. Since then we've explored a whole world of Indian cooking with boneless skinless thighs. Check out the Ultimate Pepper Chicken recipe in the meals section if you're looking for something a little spicy.

Neil

Blister said:
LOL! This reminds me of the episode of King of the Hill with guest appearance by George Forman

Yea, chicken can be pretty boring if not done properly. My g/f really didn't like it until I cooked up some jerk wings. Since then we've explored a whole world of Indian cooking with boneless skinless thighs. Check out the Ultimate Pepper Chicken recipe in the meals section if you're looking for something a little spicy.

Neil
LOL, I must see that episode, Thank god for youtube.

Back