• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Making powder- what blender to use?

Ive been using the blender cup for my ninja, but the blades keep burning up. Is there a better blender that will do the job, seeds and all, without melting? Oh and not cost a fortune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a magic bullet that I got at a garage sale for 2 bux 3 years ago but considering buying a coffee grinder as my bullet it on its last legs.

i'm using Oster blender
the blade apparatus fits perfectly onto regular-mouth Mason jars.

9XltJvb.png

dragonsfire said:
Ninja should not do that, have you tried just pulsing?
I think the powder gets into the bearings or something. After a few runs it develops a lot of play in the blade. Then it starts producing a ton of heat (and noise)to the point where it actually smokes.

Just to clarify its the nutra- ninja cups. Im not sure if the full sized blender pitcher would do the same thing, but its way too large for my application.

My magic bullet can run for about 3 mins without getting hot but think the bearings are going bad as now it makes a whining noise after a min or so

Scoville DeVille said:
Ive been eyeing that one actually! How much does one cup hold?

Jeffcontonio said:
Ive been eyeing that one actually! How much does one cup hold?

I just checked, up to the first rim, holds 1-1/4 Cup.

Did I mention, it will powder 3-5 whole nutmegs and make gravel for your driveway? (Albeit, slowly. LOL)

Enough already. Get this bitch.

waring-wsg30-commercial-spice-grinder-120v.jpg

I've been using this for the past 3 years with really good results.   KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades, 3-Ounce, Black.  Had to get a new one this year, but if I had remembered to clean it out before storing away after last seasons grind, it would probably still be going strong.  Plus, at $18.00 at A#azon very cheap to replace.
Only downside is it only grinds 3oz at a time.

That spice grinder looks really nice, I want one now. I made brown rice flour with a coffee grinder once, I would just grind and then sift out the big pieces, then repeat, until I had enough flour. Then I found brown rice flour and quit grinding my own

Before I bought the WARING, I would burn up a coffee grinder every year. We had one for coffee and one for spices. I abused the one for spices and wreck them. This thing, 10 years later isn't even yawning yet. With the three grinding bowls, it makes it nice to not have to wash one each time. I grind almost all of our own spices like Cumin, Garlic Powder, chiles, etc etc etc. If you want to make chile flakes, just pulse it a few times, and viola! You can't use it for liquids but who cares? It's a S P I C E  G R I N D E R LOLOL

I have all that Ninja stuff too, it does well with liquids. We use the small one for our breakfast shakes every single morning. I can't imagine it handling spices at all but it comes down to what the tool is intended for.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to get! :cheers:

You get what you pay for.
Instead of replacing equipment every 6-12months I took the plunge and bought a bledtec, now I dont have to worry about breaking blades or shafts. 

Back