• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Making powders---recommended mask set up

I have the one on top in the photo's above.

If you have the patience to allow everything to settle prior to opening the grinder you can probably get by without using anything. Sadly I don't and as soon as the blade stops I tap the grinder down a couple of times and open it up. Tapping doesn't do much. I have a modern military gas mask I just can't find the damn thing. I do have an entire MOPP suit, Mission Oriented Protective Posture, that is used to protect your entire body during an NBC attack. I don't use it so if anyone wants it let me know.

Seriously Patrick? Who on earth would WANT to wear a MOPP suit? I still have nightmares about being stuck in MOPP 4 for days at a time.

Just kidding, its a pretty neat thing to have around. Is it one of the old charcoal filled ones or one of the lightweight new ones?

It's the old charcoal filled ones. I don't think it's ever been worn either. It was in my mobility bag that got packed around to several different countries but I never had to put it on--thank God. The ex was going through the attic looking for some of her stuff when she came upon the mobility bag. Could of sworn I turned that in prior to retiring.

I think I still have a few unopened gas mask canisters laying around, its funny how you end up with "issued" equipment that they never seem to miss when it comes time to out-process.

I usually use a blender with a mason jar, but for small batches I still use a coffee grinder from time to time. I drape a damp dish towel over the entire coffee grinder while I'm using it, and let it settle for a minute or two before opening it. Zero issues.

Back