• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Man, this heat won't let up!

Dog days of summer? Where are these "dogs" from? Hell? It's gotten so hot that I can't sleep past 7AM in my room because it's turned into a broiler room at that point.

I would right a review, but it's too hot in that room too!!

It's so hot outside that I don't even want to think about gardening.

Currently it's 90 degress with 41% humitity...ugh!

I'm sure you guys have some hot weather and droughts to complain about too.

Senor IGG...you need to come on back over to the big dry ditch known as Las Vegas bro. Try 105 and 40% humidity. When somebody dies and goes to hell..they usually wake up on the sidewalk, drunk, bruised and half naked on the corner of Trop and Polaris just off strip. Good times.

Grrrrrrrrrr,in Germany it´s fu**ing cold.55 and tonight down to 45

The weatherforecast for tuesday is 40:shocked:

imaguitargod said:
Dog days of summer? Where are these "dogs" from? Hell? It's gotten so hot that I can't sleep past 7AM in my room because it's turned into a broiler room at that point.

Let me guess, no AC? I couldn't believe how my northern friends whined and whined about 90 degree heat, then I started visiting up there. Air conditioned houses are few and far between, most people seem to have a small window unit in the bedroom for the worst nights, but that's about it.

Hey, that's about what we're having, but for us, this is a break from the heat! We hovered around 100 with humidity in the 80's and 90's for most of August. Set all kinds of new heat records, although August is always a misery around here. When the temperature and the humidity are both in the 90's, a few degrees one way or the other don't make much difference.

We're still in a moderate drought. We've had enough scattered thunderstorms to keep the streams and lakes from getting dangerously low, but there are areas - like my house - where almost no rain has fallen. It rained here twice in August, the hottest August on record. I don't even want to see my water bill for August. We were supposed to have lots of rain this weekend, but so far nothing, not a drop. I had to go ahead and water this morning.

We have, on the other hand, had some spectacular thunder and lighting as a storm skimmed past us. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed it was cloudy and went outside to check if it was actually going to rain. The dogs were with me, and I noticed one of the cats, Fiddler, was asleep in a chair. All of a sudden a huge bolt of lighting arced sideways across the sky, I could literally hear it sizzling overhead. Close on its heels came a deafening boom of thunder. The dogs and I hauled ass for the back door, and we hit it at about the same time. It was like a Three Stooges comedy routine, they couldn't get around me to get through the dog door, and I couldn't get around them to get to the door knob. While we were thrashing around each other, Fid-man scampered quickly through all ten legs and vanished through the dog door.

The local high schools actually cancelled days and held half-days due to heat. These kids need to toughen up, only teachers strikes and 10" of snow cancelled school back in my day...my my day wasn't too long ago!

We broke a record for most over 100 degrees days here in AZ. currently 108. Bad day for me to forget where I parked at the mall.

And for us Arizonies it's religion, politics, and how-much-better-dry-heat-is at the dinner table.

It was 91 and 60% humidity today, thats a heck uva improvement
over the 100+ temps and 50% humidity of a couple of weeks ago!

ButchT

Frank..welcome to the forum bro. 40 is just about my ideal temp as I am a Texan via Alaska for 28 years. Say..I heard that Octoberfest tents, some so full, you have to have a reservation. Heard anything about that or been to Munich for Octoberfest?
Cheers mon.

texas blues said:
Frank..welcome to the forum bro. 40 is just about my ideal temp as I am a Texan via Alaska for 28 years.
Alaska you say.....that's one of the places I'm considering to move to in the next two years.....we must talk some more....

I can tell all about my experience's bro. Stories. Lies. but the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!! (sorry..had to do that. I had the shot, there was no danger..so I took it) Dude..drop me a pm and ask me anything and I'll do my best to answer your inquiry. Cheers bro. TB.

Frank said:
Grrrrrrrrrr,in Germany it´s fu**ing cold.55 and tonight down to 45

The weatherforecast for tuesday is 40:shocked:

thats still shorts & long sleeve weather for us (w/o jackets) :lol:

IGG - why alaska ? nothing wrong with alaska, its a very beautiful state. but its totally opposite of CA

Yay! It's going to go down to 65 F tonight!

I'm going to cut off the AC and open the windows.

One of the things I love about New Mexico (well, Albuquerque anyway) is that it can be 102F during the day, but at night it cools off. I think there were only a few days this year when it was still 80F at 10:00pm.

DevilDuck said:
One of the things I love about New Mexico (well, Albuquerque anyway) is that it can be 102F during the day, but at night it cools off. I think there were only a few days this year when it was still 80F at 10:00pm.

The day I got back from my Great Northern Adventure, the temp had gotten up to 107 F. When I was pulling in at about 9:30, it was still 100 F. The humidity holds the heat really well.

imaguitargod said:

hahaha thats nothing. I have been to many places but until you have lived in the Ohio valley and have endured 100 degrees + with 100 humidity and dangerous polution and ozone levels...you don't know what hot is.

We are just coming out of a miserable 3 week run of 95-105 with 100 percent humidity in Kentucky. It's absolutely fucking miserable outside. And in this Ohio valley all of the crap air sits...pollutants, allergens, ozone, etc. Hell when driving to the city you can see the haze obscuring your view of the buildings...nasty.

Back