• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Manny Pacquiao or Shane Mosley??

I am going Pacquiao in round 9 by TKO. And that will only be because he lets SSM survive that long.

What do you think will be the result?

i like both fighters but favour Pacquiao, just like in the De la hoya fight but i had to choice one(that fight i chose Pacquiao).

different story when it comes to the mayweather/pacquiao that one i will be in the mayweather camp..........and for the knockout!

GO Manney!

not picking a round, because i just don't know with these two fighters.

we pinoys already knew who was gonna win. =D

but i was actually rooting for the other guy. i want manny to lose and start getting serious with, oh i dunno....being a congressman. his actual day job.

i want manny to lose and start getting serious with, oh i dunno....being a congressman. his actual day job.

i think after the mayweather fight, manny will have no where else to go in the sport, after mayweather, manny will have no one else of quality to fight. though it's fun watching him beat up opponents, i don't think HBO will get much of a revenue draw.

let manny make his millions, in his 1 last big fight and then he can return home and assist governing the philippines. i bet he does a good, honest job.

perhaps he will raise sports to a new level in the philippines, i remember bodybuilding in the late '70's was popular but i don't hear much about it anymore, of course i don't buy bodybuilding magazines anymore and still read mine from the '70's, (maybe i should renew my stock).

I remember a similar Filipino boxer that made his name in the sport. His name was Elorde. He was a true sportsman. Not a showman like Manny is. But then he's doing it for the money (manny). Like most people.

i think after the mayweather fight, manny will have no where else to go in the sport, after mayweather, manny will have no one else of quality to fight. though it's fun watching him beat up opponents, i don't think HBO will get much of a revenue draw.

let manny make his millions, in his 1 last big fight and then he can return home and assist governing the philippines. i bet he does a good, honest job.

perhaps he will raise sports to a new level in the philippines, i remember bodybuilding in the late '70's was popular but i don't hear much about it anymore, of course i don't buy bodybuilding magazines anymore and still read mine from the '70's, (maybe i should renew my stock).

I'm sorry but most people like him that did not really work for his money (not like people who have day jobs and work super hard to get a small amount of money in exchange for their labor) are pretty much just going to be a sucky politician. A lot of middleclass citizens of my country feel that he's just going to be just another pawn in the political chess game we call our government. He may mean well and really want to do good, but if he really wanted to serve the country right, he should have quit boxing and started to actually do something with his political power. He has been a congressman for a year now and I have yet to read anything good out of him. He'll be one of those VERY FEW, if at all, filipino politicians that won't steal from the public's pockets, but he's still not doing his job right. This is just my opinion and I hope he really does something good for our people for once. Hey may talk the talk, but can he walk the walk? He sure can hit people, probably the best there is. But can he hit hard on those who have done our country wrong? Let's see.

Another thing on Mayweather, if Manny actually wanted to help the country, he should have insisted on fighting Mayweather and ended that quibble over who's the best there is in boxing and just went home like a man and do his job as a congressman.

sorry, just venting.

he should have insisted on fighting Mayweather and ended that quibble over who's the best there is in boxing

unfortunately the boxer does not dictate who or when they will fight, professional boxing is controlled by the boxing commission and big entertainment(HBO/Showtime/Vegas). if this were not the case, we would have seen many great fights far earlier, like tyson & lewis. canada drove lennox away with our arrogant attitude on boxers needing to be of irish decent(our dumb version of great white hope), our boxing commission just wouldn't give him title fights even after lennox won gold for us in 1988.

Not a showman like Manny is

i don't think it is really manny doing the showboating as it is big entertainment that scripts him to perform a certain way as they produce the boxing prefight videos. i think he has to play the part to drive ppv & vegas sales(if i remember correctly, the fight was selling for $59.99 on our ppv). of course, when you have developed hands that move that fast, there is going to be some showboating. i think roy jones jr and mayweather are the only 2 who can compare on hand speed and as for showboating Jones is an absolute alpha male dog!

after manny's win over barrera it was like this giant wave to promote the newest, fastest fighter. who would have thought that another flyweight could be faster than barrera. and at the time professional boxing had just come through a slump of weak fighters, heavyweight divison was idle, only welterweight was exciting, then manny brought new flyweight excitement to the scene.

I hate boxing now and days you get 1 decent equally matched fight every 5 years after the champ has fought several bums just to cash checks. Mosley had no chance and only stepped in to get paid and everyone knows it. Pacquiao is a joke because all he did was dance around the ring for 12 rounds doing the least amount possible to get the win.

They should let the old guys fight each other I mean mosley - de la hoya would have been a FAIR fight and get maywether in the ring.

What's worse? Paying good money to see a first round KO, or a lackluster 12 round decision? I honestly don't know. I do like to see fighters finish fights though. Especially when everyone knows they can. Boxing just isn't what it used to be. It's obviously been corrupt for a long time, but you have to wonder if fighters are told to drag out fights so viewers don't feel ripped off, or it doesn't appear to be a total joke. It's all about milking whatever money is left in the sport. The future of boxing is called MMA, and that's heading in the same direction...

Back