• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Manzano chili

I bought a Manzano chili plant last week. So far, all is well. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience looking after them. Any things I need to pay specific attention to?

The shop advised me to give the plant plenty of access to fresh air. It would be best to put him outside, but placing him near an open window wouldn't be a problem according to them. I was also told to water him twice a week.

Right now, he's standing in front of my window, right next to a open one. He's also really close to a radiator to make sure he still gets some warmth (it's not cracked open crazy hot or anything).

Any tips? Maybe some beatings for stupid placement?

Elkie said:
Any tips? Maybe some beatings for stupid placement?

Welllllll.... we are very fond of handing out spankings around here and seems as though you may need to be corrected ;) but I will give you the noob pass for today

LUCKYDOG said:
Welllllll.... we are very fond of handing out spankings around here and seems as though you may need to be corrected ;) but I will give you the noob pass for today

Your naughty you are :lol:

Throw a fan on him once a day for 15 minutes (or run one constantly, works even better). This will help strengthen the cell walls and makes a sturdier plant. Since it's indoors this replaces the wind it would normally get outside.

Manzano on Spanish mean apple, so if you have Manzano habanero you treat the same way like any another plant but if is C.Pubesens then those plants do not like direct sun light should be more in the shade if temperature is over 90 degrees if they inside the house it is fine.

I grow manzanos and have data that suggests that they do better in direct sunlight than they do in shade (more fruit).

This is the second flush of fruit in the same summer from the plant in direct sun....

IMG_5713.jpg

This is as far as the shaded plant got; plants are the same age. The fruiting plant is a clone of the flowering plant.

crop3707.jpg

I just noticed some weird tiny green 'blobs' on the stems of the top leaves. They came off easily, so I don't think they're part of the plant. I guess they might be bugs, but I can't tell for sure. They didn't move though, so I'm a bit clueless.
What bugs are common for growing indoors at this time of the year? What can I use to get rid of them?

If "they" are as tiny as she described, I guess it would be hard to take a proper pic.
Might've been aphids. Try spraying them with a neem solution every week or two. Keeps most nasties away.

Back