• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Marco's Salsa

Hey Pepper people:

I purchased 2 jars of Marco's Salsa. It was shipped, no questions asked, for free, with a promise of payment, I just opened and finished the corn and black bean (mild) salsa. (I did pay).

Folks, I got to tell you. The entire 12 oz. jar lasted about 10 minutes. You can't get this kind of stuff in the grocer. The flavor and especially the texture is to die for. If you haven't tried the corn and black bean, you are missing out. I think it is available in hot also, but for me, the mild had a pleasent kick. Not overwhelming.

I will try the mango and pineapple tomorrow.

I actually had ribeye's out for dinner, but Marco's stuff is the bomb. If I had room, I'd grill the steaks and top with the salsa.

Blue's
www.bluesbbq.net

Marocs makes a good salsa. I tried his Red Savina one (and actually got a recipe named after me on his website...Thanks Marcos!). Man, he makes some good stuff. I didn't like the (I think it was this one ingedient) Canola oil (aka rape seed) that he used in the salas, but the rest of it was amazing!

[quote name='Blue's']Hey Pepper people:

Folks, I got to tell you. The entire 12 oz. jar lasted about 10 minutes. You can't get this kind of stuff in the grocer. The flavor and especially the texture is to die for. If you haven't tried the corn and black bean, you are missing out. I think it is available in hot also, but for me, the mild had a pleasent kick. Not overwhelming.
[/QUOTE]

10 minutes sounds about right. I've had the to be released Red Savina, the Roasted Vegetable (medium), and black bean & corn (medium), and they all lasted one sitting. This stuff is better than the "real" salsa that a mexican immigrant suggested to me once. I hope to see Marco get a wider distribution so I can get it at Kroger or something.

dreamtheatervt said:
10 minutes sounds about right. I've had the to be released Red Savina, the Roasted Vegetable (medium), and black bean & corn (medium), and they all lasted one sitting. This stuff is better than the "real" salsa that a mexican immigrant suggested to me once. I hope to see Marco get a wider distribution so I can get it at Kroger or something.

The yet to be released, I've also had. Very good, but too hot for me. I hope Kroger is better than Food Lion or Lowes or you'll lose money.

Blue's
www.bluesbbq.net

Say no to bland food

Blue said:
www.bluesbbq.net[/URL]

My wife loves Mango salsa. Hook us up with a review Blue's once you've had a chance to try it, but of course if it's anything like Marco's Red Savina salsa, I'm sure it will rock the house!

Yo Marco, very dumb question here, are you using any of your salsa's in your restaurant recipes??

Wooowww.....thanks guys, glad you all like my stuff..
now for the answers....
Canola oil...that is one screw up the label guy did...i use ZTF oil zero trans fat and a mixture of vegetable and corn (keep the ingredients separated)
dreamtheatervt..i am going to call Kroger in the next few weeks, i am talking now with Wholes Foods, My Organic Market, and few other specialty food stores, so that takes pretty much the few minutes of time left i got during my day..:onfire:
The concept of my salsas is to be either eaten with a chip or to accompain a favorite dish, there is too many "mexican" salsa styles outhere that wasn't worth even to try to compete against..:shocked:
Tracy.....off course my salsa and sauce are part of my restaurant recipes..:shocked: I make a roasted vegetable Chili....people go crazy about that one especially now that is cold as hell, i go thru 3-5 gallons of chili a day..!!!!
Steve...glad you liked the Black bean Salsa...you won't be disappointed on the mango one....
And stay tuned for the Red Savina...coming soon..!!!

i was looking for a thread like this in the wrong area i guess.

i ordered the medium variety pack that comes with a bottle of hot sauce and 3 jars of medium salsa (mango/pineapple, roasted vegetable, and corn & black bean). great stuff! fairly complex tasting...balanced too, just lots of flavors in there. i think my only complaint was the heat level..though i knew i was ordering medium, so its not like its supposed to be really hot..making it not much of a complaint heh. that said, i can't wait to try the hot version once that is ready! let me know. :shocked:

ya xgrafcorex...medium is medium....:shocked:
Well i just received the peppers for the Red Savina Salsa....hold on until next Thursday...big announcement is coming..:shocked:

I have also bought the medium sampler pack, and I shared the roasted vegatable salsa with a few other people who absolutely loved it. I have not tried to eat the other two yet but it will more than likely not take me long. There is definately something about this salsa that puts a whole new twist on things. I cannot wait for the new one to come out and try it.

sevver...my kidz alone ( 9 and 12) go thru 7-12 jars a week, eating all my profits...:lol: good thing is that i can make it at the restaurant now..;)

I'll take 4 jars (Red Savina), paypal me an invoice.

marcosauces said:
sevver...my kidz alone ( 9 and 12) go thru 7-12 jars a week, eating all my profits...:cheers: good thing is that i can make it at the restaurant now..;)

I believe that I had emailed you, possibly not though... who knows... At any rate I would like a couple of jars as well. I entertain alot here, and with summer coming salsa's, cookouts, and generally people just crashing my pool (not to mention my newfound community of pepperheads) all of these products are sure to get popular withing my circle of friends. I can't wait to spread the love.

sevver said:
I believe that I had emailed you, possibly not though... who knows... At any rate I would like a couple of jars as well. I entertain alot here, and with summer coming salsa's, cookouts, and generally people just crashing my pool (not to mention my newfound community of pepperheads) all of these products are sure to get popular withing my circle of friends. I can't wait to spread the love.

You do realize that 2 jars will last all of about a whole entire 20 minutes at the most, right?

Sickmont said:
You do realize that 2 jars will last all of about a whole entire 20 minutes at the most, right?

Those two jars are for me. :cheers: I just want to "taste" them selfishly. If I like them, which I am sure I will, I will definately bombard him with a big order.

I feel that there should be gallon sized portions available for parties. What do ya say marco?

sevver said:
Those two jars are for me. :cheers: I just want to "taste" them selfishly. If I like them, which I am sure I will, I will definately bombard him with a big order.

I feel that there should be gallon sized portions available for parties. What do ya say marco?

Marco's red savina is a limited run salsa. I think he's only producing like 240 cases, and i think he said he's down to 10 or so. You might want to stock up while you can. As for the gallon jug, i agree completely. Even if i have to drive to his restaurant(i'll be up that way the second week in July) to get it, i'll do it.

wOOOOwww..I think i got to ask my manufacturer to make more...Sickmont actually I am making ONLY 240 JARS this time and NOT 240 cases...The response has been so overmelming on this salsa that i might ask my manufacturer to really make more....The best part of this is that ther grocery stores im in they are asking for it..!!!
Hmmmm...gallons are tricky on salsa guys....My manufacturer says that i need to put the salsa in GLASS jars, as HPDE plastic containers don't work too good on salsa, unless is all vinegard.......and thatnk YOU for all your support...and off course if you come to Mr.D's you will try also all my wing and BBQ sauces too..:) AND the quite famous BEER TEQUILA sauce...people been loving it around here..!!!

Back