• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Marino's 2012 Grow Log

Hi everybody!

I think I'm gonna start with sowing at the beginning of March 2012.

The seeds are all stored in my seeds book, but I'm having short time till the end of February; moreover I'm not gonna use any lightbox, so I'll grow indoor till the outside temperature is rising again in Southern Italian spring.

I started growing in 2011 for the very first time, reaching the amount of about 25 pots/15 different varieties at the end of May; other 15 were given as gifts to friends and relatives.

My growing list for 2012:

CHINENSE
Bih Jolokia Chocolate
Bih Jolokia Assam
Naga Morich
Fatalii
Habanero Orange
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero White
Habanero Red Savina
Chupetino
Trinidad Scorpion
TS Morouga
T. Douglah
7 Pod
7 Pod Brown
7 Pod Strain I
Pimenta da Neyde
Pimenta Leopard
Pimenta Elisir
ANNUUM
Goat's Weed
Black Scorpion Tongue
Peter Pepper
Ancho Poblano
Early Jalapeno
Fish
Jalabomb F2
FRUTESCENS
Tabasco
Malagueta
Bird's Eye (overwintered)
BACCATUM
Aji Amarillo (overwintered)
PUBESCENS
Rocoto

BACCATUM x ANNUUM F2 (only saved 3 seeds from the only 3 fruits that the F1 plant gave me)

It's a 31-variety list, I know I'm gonna make my blacony suffer again. I cannot keep more than 1 plant per variety, so friends and relatives will benefit even more than last year (I will start growing 2 small plants per variety, then I will focus on 1 plant).

Season's coming, stay tuned.

New update

my green balcony
dsc06844v.jpg

a comparison between the three pimentas
dsc06854y.jpg

p. elisir: grows up and, then, widens
dsc06855sw.jpg

p. leopard: stays shorter
dsc06856e.jpg

p. de neyde: grows up and slender
dsc06857c.jpg

neyde's first pod
dsc06858m.jpg

aji amarillo with its first pod
dsc06845f.jpg

dsc06847o.jpg

owerwintered red hab
dsc06848w.jpg

a graceful trinidad scorpion
dsc06849p.jpg

[t.b.c.]

You balcony will be the hottest in the "house", ...lovin those Pimentas.That scorpion is going to be a shade tree!

You balcony will be the hottest in the "house", ...lovin those Pimentas.That scorpion is going to be a shade tree!
thank you, for sure, it's the only one loaded with plants :)

more photos

7 pod
dsc06850b.jpg

chocolate hab
dsc06851r.jpg

chupetinha
dsc06852j.jpg

white hab
dsc06853v.jpg

douglah
dsc06859nv.jpg

bih jolokia
dsc06860s.jpg

fatalii
dsc06861ma.jpg

orange hab
dsc06862y.jpg

tabasco
dsc06863fq.jpg

TS morouga blend
dsc06864l.jpg

[t.b.c.]

Wow fantastic looking plants bro. They are going to overtake your balcony by the time summer is over.

What is the white residue on the leaves if you don't mind me asking??

Wow fantastic looking plants bro. They are going to overtake your balcony by the time summer is over.

What is the white residue on the leaves if you don't mind me asking??
thanks, on the leaves it's copper oxychloride, I sprayed it some days ago

the last set of photo for today

brown 7 pod, now you can see the real damages of the thrips' "picnic"
dsc06866n.jpg

7 pod douglah strain 1
dsc06867f.jpg

jalapeno early
dsc06865m.jpg

red savina
dsc06868g.jpg

goats weed
dsc06869z.jpg

fish
dsc06870w.jpg

black scorpion tongue
dsc06871y.jpg

malagueta
dsc06873zq.jpg

jalabomb F2
dsc06875l.jpg

and now the end, with this fantastic chocolate bhut jolokia plant
dsc06872u.jpg

greetings from italy

Whats not too like about this update :D Great looking plants, Marino! The Jalabomb looks like blown up Jalapeno's :D Did the F-1 look like that also?

Whats not too like about this update :D Great looking plants, Marino! The Jalabomb looks like blown up Jalapeno's :D Did the F-1 look like that also?
thanks meatfreak. nature is doing its job... on a balcony! well, about the jalabomb: f1-f2 fruits look actually the same, plant and leaves show some differences: f1 plant was higher-wider, leaves were longer-wider... but this may be due to the fact that I've not given any fertilizer this year

hope the pods do not explode :D, I wish I can taste at least one of them :)

thanks meatfreak. nature is doing its job... on a balcony! well, about the jalabomb: f1-f2 fruits look actually the same, plant and leaves show some differences: f1 plant was higher-wider, leaves were longer-wider... but this may be due to the fact that I've not given any fertilizer this year

hope the pods do not explode :D, I wish I can taste at least one of them :)

Thanks for the feedback. Would be interested too help you out with the F-3 growing of this cross next season :) As long if you keep fire away from them I think your safe ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Would be interested too help you out with the F-3 growing of this cross next season :) As long if you keep fire away from them I think your safe ;)
remind it to me as season keeps going... collecting the seeds won't be a problem, each pod contains about 100 seeds :D

Amazing progress Marino plants and pod look awesome I am just starting to get flower on my pimenta de Nedye. I forgot to ask this earlier did you notice anything different on the Jalabomb from last two generations from fruit and flower? Can not wait to read your review on it.

Amazing progress Marino plants and pod look awesome I am just starting to get flower on my pimenta de Nedye. I forgot to ask this earlier did you notice anything different on the Jalabomb from last two generations from fruit and flower? Can not wait to read your review on it.
almost no difference neither the shape of the pods nor the flowers

New update, keep growing happily on the balcony!

younger ones:
red savina
dsc06915c.jpg

goats weed
dsc06917.jpg

goats weed (left) and fish (right)... look at the difference between the trunks!
dsc06918p.jpg

black scorpion tongue
dsc06920yy.jpg

douglah
dsc06921wd.jpg

brown 7 pod
dsc06922jt.jpg

the overwintered: aji amarillo and red habanero
dsc06924sk.jpg

dsc06925u.jpg

7 pod
dsc06931o.jpg

chocolate habanero
dsc06935jf.jpg

[t.b.c.]

QUESTION: is there anybody able to recognize which version of 7 pod is the one I'm growing?!?

some photos of this nice trinidad scorpion
dsc06926a.jpg

dsc06927a.jpg

dsc06929p.jpg

chupetinha
dsc06937ou.jpg

the three musketeers ;)
dsc06942s.jpg

pimenta elisir
dsc06943k.jpg

pimenta leopard
dsc06945u.jpg

pimenta de neyde
dsc06947d.jpg

assam bih jolokia
dsc06948ju.jpg

fatalii
dsc06949c.jpg

[t.b.c.]

orange habanero
dsc06953o.jpg

tabasco
dsc06954a.jpg

TS morouga blend(left) and jalapeno early (right) which seems very short, I'm gonna try to put some granular fertilizer
dsc06955b.jpg

first pod growing on the morouga blend
dsc06957q.jpg

7 pod douglah strain 1
dsc06959xg.jpg

malagueta
dsc06960m.jpg

jalabomb F2
dsc06964g.jpg

white habanero
dsc06968bl.jpg

chocolate bhut jolokia
dsc06965h.jpg

and a complete view of my :hot: balcony
dsc06970bu.jpg

ok it's all for now

P.S.: could anybody recognize which kind of 7 pod is the one in the previous post?

Hey marino it looks like the 7 pod Chaguanes, but not fully sure going to have to wait until they ripen do you what varieties you had to grow or was it label 7 pod. Hopefully that helps somewhat everything is looking great my pimenta de neyde just started to set it first pepper.
DSCN0535.jpg

Another great update, Marino. Your pimenta leopard looks exactly the same as mine, hopefully yours will be a bit bigger. I just harvest them the other day, the colors were amazing. How it taste no idea, not gonna try either! Way too hot for me as of now ;) The Jalabomb looks great for filling with all kinds of tasty stuff!

Back