• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Marino's 2012 Grow Log

Hi everybody!

I think I'm gonna start with sowing at the beginning of March 2012.

The seeds are all stored in my seeds book, but I'm having short time till the end of February; moreover I'm not gonna use any lightbox, so I'll grow indoor till the outside temperature is rising again in Southern Italian spring.

I started growing in 2011 for the very first time, reaching the amount of about 25 pots/15 different varieties at the end of May; other 15 were given as gifts to friends and relatives.

My growing list for 2012:

CHINENSE
Bih Jolokia Chocolate
Bih Jolokia Assam
Naga Morich
Fatalii
Habanero Orange
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero White
Habanero Red Savina
Chupetino
Trinidad Scorpion
TS Morouga
T. Douglah
7 Pod
7 Pod Brown
7 Pod Strain I
Pimenta da Neyde
Pimenta Leopard
Pimenta Elisir
ANNUUM
Goat's Weed
Black Scorpion Tongue
Peter Pepper
Ancho Poblano
Early Jalapeno
Fish
Jalabomb F2
FRUTESCENS
Tabasco
Malagueta
Bird's Eye (overwintered)
BACCATUM
Aji Amarillo (overwintered)
PUBESCENS
Rocoto

BACCATUM x ANNUUM F2 (only saved 3 seeds from the only 3 fruits that the F1 plant gave me)

It's a 31-variety list, I know I'm gonna make my blacony suffer again. I cannot keep more than 1 plant per variety, so friends and relatives will benefit even more than last year (I will start growing 2 small plants per variety, then I will focus on 1 plant).

Season's coming, stay tuned.

douglah
dsc06765avmjq.jpg

assam bih
dsc06766ju.jpg

chocolate bhut jolokia in a very large pot
dsc06767s.jpg

malagueta
dsc06768e.jpg

jalabomb F2
dsc06769d.jpg

brown 7 pod
dsc06770jd.jpg

7 pod douglah strain 1
dsc06771v.jpg

moruga blend
dsc06772e.jpg

fatalii
dsc06773z.jpg

[t.b.c....]

Such fast growth! Happy and healthy, lookin good!
thank you!

jalapeno early
dsc06774m.jpg

orange habanero
dsc06775z.jpg

tabasco
dsc06776p.jpg

fish showing the distinctive stripes
dsc06777y.jpg

goats weed
dsc06778q.jpg

red savina
dsc06779ha.jpg

black scorpion tongue
dsc06780b.jpg

thanks for watching

Great grow, Marino! Your plants are very healthy and robust.

thank you so much, actually I'm not in Naples, so I hope my brother is gonna look for them properly
I hope you come back to great looking plants!

I'm trying the glue method for the first time this year too, I used tea bags last year. The glue comes off in a heavy rain as I found out last night...

I'm trying the glue method for the first time this year too, I used tea bags last year. The glue comes off in a heavy rain as I found out last night...
I'm not sure how the white glue thing works.
Wouldn't that mess up the flower?

I'm not sure how the white glue thing works.
Wouldn't that mess up the flower?

I believe the theory is that the flower self pollinates within the confines of its petals without being open to other pollen. The flower develops underneath the cover of the petals and once it has pollinated the petals wither anyway and the pod comes though. Its a way to isolate the flower without having to isolate the branch/plant. I hope that makes sense??

I believe the theory is that the flower self pollinates within the confines of its petals without being open to other pollen. The flower develops underneath the cover of the petals and once it has pollinated the petals wither anyway and the pod comes though. Its a way to isolate the flower without having to isolate the branch/plant. I hope that makes sense??
Right, you've hit it! Its just a trial, I'm not sure it works, but I'll check how it goes

Today's update comes after some very windy days. Luckily the wind damaged the foliage just a little.

aji amarillo
dsc06796i.jpg

some small pods on red hab
dsc06798kw.jpg

TS
dsc06801j.jpg

7 pod
dsc06802b.jpg

chocolate hab
dsc06803s.jpg

chupetinha
dsc06804n.jpg

white habanero going up (I thought it had to stay short)
dsc06805w.jpg

some buds on this pimenta elisir
dsc06806as.jpg

pimenta leopard
dsc06808q.jpg

pimenta de neyde and its buds
dsc06810w.jpg

dsc06809g.jpg

douglah
dsc06811w.jpg

bih jolokia
dsc06812y.jpg

chocolate bhut jolokia
dsc06813k.jpg

malagueta
dsc06814k.jpg

jalabomb F2
dsc06815th.jpg

brown 7 pod
dsc06816x.jpg

7 pod douglah strain 1
dsc06817q.jpg

TS moruga blend
dsc06818n.jpg

more buds on a fatalii plant
dsc06820p.jpg

jalapeno early
dsc06821t.jpg

orange habanero
dsc06822v.jpg

tabasco
dsc06823o.jpg

the next 4 ones are still in the small pots, will be repotting over the next 2 weeks:
fish
dsc06824t.jpg

goats weed
dsc06825h.jpg

red savina
dsc06826gz.jpg

black scorpion tongue
dsc06827h.jpg

a photo of the external side of the balcony, with the pimentas standing over the other plants
dsc06829g.jpg

Thanks, Tripp! I learned something new early today :party:
First I've heard of this technique. Will be interested
to see how it works for you.

@ Marino - your plants look great!

Back