• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Marino's 2012 Grow Log

Hi everybody!

I think I'm gonna start with sowing at the beginning of March 2012.

The seeds are all stored in my seeds book, but I'm having short time till the end of February; moreover I'm not gonna use any lightbox, so I'll grow indoor till the outside temperature is rising again in Southern Italian spring.

I started growing in 2011 for the very first time, reaching the amount of about 25 pots/15 different varieties at the end of May; other 15 were given as gifts to friends and relatives.

My growing list for 2012:

CHINENSE
Bih Jolokia Chocolate
Bih Jolokia Assam
Naga Morich
Fatalii
Habanero Orange
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero White
Habanero Red Savina
Chupetino
Trinidad Scorpion
TS Morouga
T. Douglah
7 Pod
7 Pod Brown
7 Pod Strain I
Pimenta da Neyde
Pimenta Leopard
Pimenta Elisir
ANNUUM
Goat's Weed
Black Scorpion Tongue
Peter Pepper
Ancho Poblano
Early Jalapeno
Fish
Jalabomb F2
FRUTESCENS
Tabasco
Malagueta
Bird's Eye (overwintered)
BACCATUM
Aji Amarillo (overwintered)
PUBESCENS
Rocoto

BACCATUM x ANNUUM F2 (only saved 3 seeds from the only 3 fruits that the F1 plant gave me)

It's a 31-variety list, I know I'm gonna make my blacony suffer again. I cannot keep more than 1 plant per variety, so friends and relatives will benefit even more than last year (I will start growing 2 small plants per variety, then I will focus on 1 plant).

Season's coming, stay tuned.

Marino congrats on the soon-to-graduate I still have one semester after this summer until I graduate. I never been a big fan of habs, but I do enjoy the congo version and hopefully the giant white habs are good as well. The plants and pods look amazing the pimenta elisir looks amazing. would you be interested in a trade at the end of the season.
thanks man, graduating is a bit trouble here... what Italians say as a joke is that graduating is only the beginning of being jobless... I'm trying to find something, but in Southern Italy it's very hard to find a worthy job

however, what were we talking about? yes, trade... don't have any idea about shipping costs/delivery times from Italy to the West Coast a.t.m., but I think it won't be a big problem... and as you were suggesting let's postpone it at the end of the season; just tell me what you're interested in and I will try to isolate :)

Lookin good brotha! Some beautiful pods there!
thanks a lot :)

goats weed
dsc07142o.jpg

fish
dsc07145l.jpg

black scorpion tongue
dsc07147kn.jpg

malagueta
dsc07148x.jpg

jalabomb F2
dsc07149p.jpg

bih jolokia
dsc07137km.jpg

chocolate bhut jolokia
dsc07150k.jpg

and an eye at the balcony, to say goodbye to you all
dsc07154x.jpg

Great update again, Marino. Your plants already loaded with big pods, won't be long till you can start too harvest those monsters :D

Your choco bhuts look just like a black naga I'm growing this year, but very different from another choco bhut I grew myself last year... the shape is almost like a 7 Pot Barrackpore...

Great update again, Marino. Your plants already loaded with big pods, won't be long till you can start too harvest those monsters :D
thank you, just given an eye at the pods and noticed the first fatalii turning yellow-orangeish...
Your choco bhuts look just like a black naga I'm growing this year, but very different from another choco bhut I grew myself last year... the shape is almost like a 7 Pot Barrackpore...
the plants are not from pure seeds, some of them may be hybrid, as you can see in the case of the morouga blend

I've seen various photos of chocolate bhut pods, some are long and slim, others are pale green in colour when unripe, mine is fatter... the structure of the plant and the leaves - in my opinion - correspond to the pure version, but it's just a matter of time

New update before going on holiday

aji amarillo
dsc07190no.jpg

red habanero
dsc07191m.jpg

trinidad scorpion
dsc07192d.jpg

chocolate habanero
dsc07196r.jpg

chupetinha
dsc07198p.jpg

white habanero
dsc07200f.jpg

pimenta elisir
dsc07202tt.jpg

pimenta leopard
dsc07203l.jpg

pimenta de neyde
dsc07205b.jpg

trinidad douglah
dsc07207nf.jpg

[t.b.c.]

Plants and pods look amazing as usual that douglah looks gnarly. I love how the Pimenta leopard transition from purple to green to orange and finally red.

Plants and pods look amazing as usual that douglah looks gnarly. I love how the Pimenta leopard transition from purple to green to orange and finally red.
so do I, such a cool ripening path

more photos

brown 7 pod
dsc07209d.jpg

tabasco
dsc07210q.jpg

fatalii (thought it would be yellow, but it's getting red/orangeish)
dsc07215xk.jpg

orange habanero
dsc07216h.jpg

morouga blend (clearly a cross with another variety)
dsc07217d.jpg

bih jolokia
dsc07218ot.jpg

7 pod douglah
dsc07220f.jpg

red savina
dsc07222v.jpg

goats weed
dsc07223u.jpg

black scorpion tongue
dsc07224u.jpg

[to be continued, I'm fishing right now, will end the update maybe tomorrow]

Looking good over there, Marino :dance: The White Habanero looks huge, is that the Giant White variety?
hi mate, in fact it is very big, don't know if it's the white giant habanero

seeds were sent me by mascalzone

the only thing I know is that it's taking too long to ripen, more than 1 month...

light surfcasting: in the Mediterranean sea you may hopefully catch sea bream, sea bass, sand steenbras and some other stuff.
Cool! Do you fish for the Spigola at night? Orata looks like our Pogies, but the Pogies are violet in color. Cheers

Sorry for being late with the updates, been very very busy with university and other stuffs during September.

I harvested a lot during August, haven't given any fertilizer to the majority of plants some are still doing fine, some others not.

Time for some pics:

very small aji amarillo pod (2nd year)
dsc07670nv.jpg

7 pod
dsc07672t.jpg

red habanero (2nd year)
dsc07673t.jpg

trinidad scorpion, once it had perfect dark green leaves
dsc07674sw.jpg

chocolate habanero
dsc07675g.jpg

third cycle of flowers on chupetinha
dsc07676a.jpg

white habanero
dsc07677dt.jpg

pimenta elisir
dsc07678x.jpg

pimenta leopard
dsc07679d.jpg

pimenta de neyde (has overcome all the other plants in height)
dsc07680vu.jpg

[t.b.c.]

trinidad douglah
dsc07681m.jpg

flower on brown 7 pod
dsc07682r.jpg

tabasco
dsc07683t.jpg

orange habanero
dsc07684eh.jpg

red fatalii
dsc07685pv.jpg

hybrid morouga blend
dsc07686s.jpg

bih jolokia
dsc07688d.jpg

7 pod douglah
dsc07689x.jpg

red savina
dsc07690d.jpg

goats weed
dsc07691d.jpg

[t.b.c.]

fish
dsc07693j.jpg

black scorpion tongue
dsc07695n.jpg

malagueta
dsc07697z.jpg

chocolate bhut jolokia
dsc07698p.jpg

these ones are not doing fine: jalapeno early on the left and jalabomb F2 on the right
dsc07699h.jpg

bye!

Back