marketing Marketing of Shit the Bed hot sauce

Not asking for myself, just for conversation.  Watched this video and for some reason I feel that call to action.  Please watch the video and tell me if you feel the same and why.  I think the reason I got that feeling is that her appeal says that she cant do this out of her home kitchen anymore.  Makes it seem very home based / cottage.  I am a sucker for the under dog every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXvqZb5mkRM

If youre going to call a lemonade stand crowdfunding and fundraising instead of something like retail sales then you may as well say a job is crowdfunding for a television set or rent.

I guess it all depends on the actual purpose of the lemonade stand.

Weed said:
If youre going to call a lemonade stand crowdfunding and fundraising instead of something like retail sales then you may as well say a job is crowdfunding for a television set or rent.

I guess it all depends on the actual purpose of the lemonade stand.
I'm not calling a lemonade stand anything other than a lemonade stand.

I'm saying someone could set up a lemonade stand in order to host a fundraiser.

Obviously.

The Hot Pepper said:
FFS who cares about a failed analogy? Let's talk about shit the bed, and how the cartoon of them pooping in bed is appetizing. :lol:

I keep thinking about the telephone commercial with the narwhales.  Maybe the content of a commercial doesn't matter much as long as it gets a product stuck in the head.  Also wondering if turning a few people off with the name isnt worth it if the return is people doing your marketing for you by sharing the video. 

Gorilla Marketing?  There's a picture of a naked sorority girl under this pan of plain whipped cream we are calling a pie.  But you gotta buy the pie to see the pie.

Understood but STB will only get you so far. It's novelty, and the internet can take it only so far virally. I'm sure 90% of the shares are off of the name, and not testimonials. Sure that gets your name out there, then what? It's novelty, and will never be a household product, so at that point... mission accomplished? But someone passionate about sauce and looking to get it into well know chains and on dinner tables knows not to name it that.

I imagine this is for company exposure and they have more "legit" sauces they are hoping to garner attention to.

In that case, would be interesting to see where it goes. But did anyone even remember Bunsters????? Or just STB.

ajdrew said:
she is a yanky and doesnt know shit about cast iron.
excuse me....where do you think the foundries that made your grand mothers skillets were? DA NORPH YO! seriously though, very culturally insensitive. If i had any feelings Im sure they would be hurt.

Back