• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Marturos 2024 Glog.

It's that time of the year, cold & gloomy outside, & inside the magic is happening. Those little green pepper plants are pushing up
towards the artificial sun. Who came up first? The early Jalapeño, Serrano, & the Sugar Rush Stripy. A little game we play LOL.

This is the best set up we have ever had before. 4 LED grow lights 2 heating mats, room stays at 66 F at night & 74 F during the day.
With 22 varieties & 50 plants we hope to have a real special grow for the 24 season, with a lot of great tasting peppers. 😀

When I joined THP I had just moved from Fluorescents lights to the new LED lights. Outside everything is about the same, it's the indoor
adventure that has changed for the better. Compact high output grow lights, heating mats instead of heating cables without thermostats
it's a lot of fun once again.

This is my first Glog. Welcome to the ride. :welcome:

1708553902455.png

1708554125760.png

1708554259577.png

1708554340777.png

Grow list:

1. Antep Aci Dolma
2. Aji Panca
3. Aji Strawberry drop
4. Sugar Rush Stripy
5. Aji Pineapple
6. Aji Chombo Amarillo
7. Aji Fantasy
8. Pasilla Oaxaca
9. Pasillo Apaseo
10. Pasilla Mixe
11. Chilhuacle Negro
12. Aji Chombo Rojo
13. Aji Rainforest
14. Brazilian Starfish
15. Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
16. Aji Charapita
17. Jigsaw ( ornamental )
18. Poblano Rojo
19. Early Jalapeño
20. Serrano
21. Lesya
22. Datil

That's a serious setup you have there!😲

I'm very much into jamaican scotch bonnets... where did you get your seeds from?

That's a serious setup you have there!😲

I'm very much into jamaican scotch bonnets... where did you get your seeds from?
Thanks @MarcV I look to you for guidance about Bonnets, the seeds are are from Baker Creek from a lad
in Jamaica & they are addicting to say the least. Next year I want to try some of your favorites Like the Bahamian Goat, looks very good.
Beautiful setup! I will follow your glog. Good luck in the new season!
Thanks @SineNomine, I will following your Glog as well , You have some really cool varieties you are growing. 😀

Great job man looks great
Thanks @jgundo When we bought this 72 year old house it came with Rooms off the basement like the 12' x 6' room insulated with soil.
We did have 2 eight foot High Output Fluorescents with only 2.75' of real growing space out of 8' under each light.
Now we feel like we are bouncing around a much bigger grow room.

Thanks @MarcV I look to you for guidance about Bonnets, the seeds are are from Baker Creek from a lad
in Jamaica & they are addicting to say the least. Next year I want to try some of your favorites Like the Bahamian Goat, looks very good.

Thanks @SineNomine, I will following your Glog as well , You have some really cool varieties you are growing. 😀

Thanks @jgundo When we bought this 72 year old house it came with Rooms off the basement like the 12' x 6' room insulated with soil.
We did have 2 eight foot High Output Fluorescents with only 2.75' of real growing space out of 8' under each light.
Now we feel like we are bouncing around a much bigger grow room.

Right on man, wish I had that kinda room.. I have to bounce between rooms and grow tent and green house.... looks great

Ah ok 😁

Just so you know... my bonnet list has still evolved but I'm not updating it in my glog for now ... 🙂

Ah ok 😁

Just so you know... my bonnet list has still evolved but I'm not updating it in my glog for now ... 🙂
Thanks for the update, I will be following your Glog.
We are growing both the Amarillo & Rojo forms of Aji Chombo from Panama this season.
Hopefully the Aji Chombo will be a Fragrant, fruity pod like the Bonnets I've heard they are very :hot: 😉

Very nice setup @Marturo! I wish you the best of luck this season.

I just checked the Baker Creek web site... looks like an interesting bonnet to give a try. Too bad they don' send seeds to the European Union anymore, otherwise I would have ordered the seeds... 🙄

I just checked the Baker Creek web site... looks like an interesting bonnet to give a try. Too bad they don' send seeds to the European Union anymore, otherwise I would have ordered the seeds... 🙄
And who knows where BC gets their seeds, look at the so called Datil pepper they carry. I have seed now for a true datil this season.
Where do you get your bonnet seeds from? Do all US seed companies refuse to send overseas?

I get most of my seeds from WHP. Justin sends the seeds as a birthday card. They usually arrive in about a week time. There's no tracking but also no issues with import taxes/fees or customs. Same is true for Texas Hot Peppers. WHP has a large list of scotch bonnet varieties.

If the BC scotch bonnet is a true heirloom it may well be worth a try... based on the picture they look legit...

Last edited:
Good work, Arturo! I hope you have a great grow season.

Back