• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Masher 2017 *GLOG*

Hello all...while I couldn't grow every variety of pepper seeds I received I did come up with a nice list for this years 2017 grow.

I was going to start in soil, but I had great results last season with Grodan cubes and I already had them left over.

I started with 2-3 seeds per hole, but midway went with poking extra holes in the cubes to isolate each seed.....I will cut the cubes apart later when transplanting.

There are 2 cubes of the Aji Lemon drop for the 2017 GT, everything else will be grown or gifted depending on success.

The numbers after each variety of pepper is number of seeds sown, I make a final grow decision from what comes up

Aji Lemon drop x5
Rocoto Red x3
Giant choc Hab x4
Sadabahar x4
Cherio Cre'me Hab x4
Choc Moruga x5
Aji Fantasy x4
Aji Crystal x4
Aji Jobito x4
Aji amarillo x4
Choc BBG7 x4
Aleppo x4
Australian Lantern x5
Red Monzano x3
Goatsweed x3
Bishops Crown x4
Cumari Pullux x4
Papa Dreadie Scotch x5
Choc Bhut x5
Thunder Mtn Longhorn x5
Bolsa De Dulce x5
Big Caramel Mama x5
Jays Peach Ghost x3
Nu-Mex Hatch red x3

Happy Growing all and HUGE thanks to THP members: OCD, Immolated, D3monic,Wiriwiri, Hogleg,PaulG,Scovie and JurZdevil for hooking me up for seeds this season. I think that's all of you, i hope i am not forgetting anyone :cheers:

Update: 17 days in rockwool and cubes kept moist as needed.

H20 and Clonex seedling/rooting liquid nutrients mixed at 1 gal H20 to 4 teaspoons Clonex.

They are still on the heat mat, so i am having to place about a quart of plain H20 daily to keep hydrated over the last 2 days.

I got buzy and let the Thunder mountain longhorns dry out and they died (CRY)...will reseed those this weekend.

Hoping to put them to soil in the next 3 days....will update with pics for cutting apart cubes and putting into soil in solo cups then.

Still waiting on Cascabella, Choc BBG7, a couple Rocotos and a Big Caramel momma 

ur
eQbJlvJ.jpg
[/url]

Big pic update today...finally put almost everything into soil.....

I did cull a few starts...total germination was a huge success...only a few seeds didn't germ out of what was first put into cubes.

Soil for current seedlings

1/4 of the bail transferred to large rubbermaid tub

First set of seedlings...Sadabahar. rock wool cut to separate and then each half placed into soil in 18oz solo cups (4 - 1/8th holes drilled into bottoms)

Transplanted seedlings will sit in large tubs, 20 per tub...each received 1 cup of H2O
Total so far is 50 solo cups

These now will live under the 4' 2 bulb T5 until they get some bulk.

Kept two Rocoto reds to get larger under the dome, added Hawaiian and BOC that were outside the dome and the new replants from a couple days ago

Back under the 2' 2bulb T5 and heat mat.

Again....can't thank enough all the members who contributed seed to my grow...THANK YOU, each and every one of you!!  :dance:

moruga welder said:
very nice !    if your Choc.bbg 7's don't germ. let me know , I got some great phono seeds i can send ya ,    :party:

Of the 4 I sowed, 1 sprouted but small, another was a tiny contender.....but i was away last weekend and the plugs got dry.

The Thunder Mtn Longhorns and the Choc BBG7's, shiveled up and died  :tear:  :tear:  :tear:

I replaced the TML with Some Guyana seeds from wiriwiri

Added some new BOC to rock wool as well, as the others are in soil and no germination after 10 days.

I used up all the Choc BBG7 I received.....message incoming MW  :dance:

Also put the Jaunitos SB MOA Cardi seeds in cube for the MOA TD

stickman said:
That's a nice-looking list ya got there. Masher. Did you prep the rockwool cubes with something to neutralize the low pH before you planted in them?

My water is 8.0 out of the tap..I jug it and let it sit 3+ days minimum.

the mix: 1 gal h2o with 4 tsp of clonex rooting/seeding nutes and then 12 rock wool cubes added, gently stir...wait 20 mins.

check ph...always ends up 6.2 to 6.5.

No other steps were taken...been using this regiment after a few yrs success with these products.

Thanks all....Another quick pic update..

Everything is starting to look pretty good....no longer top watering.

Using the tubs for bottom watering....20 plants to 1 gallon of h2o

Yesterdays after the tub watering

Today's 20 during bottom watering

Remaining 10 next up for bottom watering

Still have 2 Rocoto red, 1 Red monzano, a few Cascabella, BOC, Choc BBG7, Guyana Tragedy and a couple others in various seedling stage.

Plan is to get most of them into soil in the next few days.

Congrats!!! Dan!

I almost bought some cubes at the shop the other day. Great technique.
All of my MOA's from Juanitos sprouted. And quick!

Those plants are going to get big. The more roots, the bigger the plant.

WooHoo!

First class set-up, my friend!

Thanks for illustrating how the rockwool cubes work.
They look like a great starting medium. When I run out
of Jiffy Pellet stuff maybe I'll give them a try.

A few days later and looking much better for all....

some edema showed up on this Aji Amarillo and 1 or two much slighter....I think it was because of the early nutes applied.

Looks to be on the mend.

All three trays of the flock, sorted tallest to shortest currently.

The last of the late bloomers from first and second set of sprouts.....

Waiting on the Choc BBG7 and the Trinity purple coffee seeds to germ and that will make up the plants for this yr.

Back