• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Massive flower drop and no pods setting

I have brought a lot of my plants inside and they are now under a 400W HPS for overwintering and to finish off getting some pods after there were frost advisories. Funny thing is that now the weather is great and I just don't feel like bringing them back and forth again. Good news for other outdoor plants in the ground though maybe. It is kind of a goofy set up since I live in a one bedroom apartment but I am DEDICATED. It is in a corner of my living room with a sheet put up to reflect light with one side of it open for some air circulation.

Every plant had been getting crazy amounts of flowers but it seems they all keep falling off even though I tried shaking the plants with flowers and also touching them with my finger. This only results in flowers falling off. I have gotten a small brush to try and use that to pollinate as well and have used it on my 7 Pod yesterday with no results yet except more falling off.

They seem to be getting enough light because they have been growing new vegetation. It is on from 5AM-9PM, 16 hours and off 8 hours. The light creates warm temps during the day near 75-80. At night the light is off and the temp probably drops to 70 or so. I have been watering them when I start to see them wilt. This is a mystery to me, what could be preventing pods from setting?

It will take them a while to adjust to the different light source. I always use the ambient natural light from sliding doors/windows when I bring mine inside. The one year I tried fluorescent lights, all the leaves dropped and most of the plants died. It's a shock to them to go outside for the 1st time when they're young or to be brought back inside with unnatural light.

It will take them a while to adjust to the different light source. I always use the ambient natural light from sliding doors/windows when I bring mine inside. The one year I tried fluorescent lights, all the leaves dropped and most of the plants died. It's a shock to them to go outside for the 1st time when they're young or to be brought back inside with unnatural light.

Hmm I didn't really think about that. It has been about two weeks now. How long should this process take? I just find it weird that they are still putting out new vegetation.

That happened top my Jolokia plant, but it was because a heat wave hit the city it got around 100 Fahrenheit outside, and the next day ther were lots of pots on the grown, gave it some epsom salt and some worm tea, and today the plant is filled with new pots, thank God !!!!

When I put one of my plants under a grow lamp, it dropped all flowers. I don't know if it is because of the warm night temperatures, the frequency being optimized for growing, not flowering, or the period of the day just changing from 11 to 16.

And this was while trying to hand pollinate btw. Even at midday, when they are supposed to be the most fertile.

Back