• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Math help needed please

According to Google, 1.5 cubic feet = 11.2208 U.S. gallons.
Just type in "XX cubic feet in gallons" (replace the 'XX' with the number you want calculated :)

I found this.

One five gallon pot equals 0.8403 CF.  Two five gallon pots would take ≈1.7 CF, pretty darn close to 2 buckets per bag.

geeme said:
.... and to add to the confusion, pot sizes are not standardized - a "1 gallon" pot by one manufacturer can take more or less soil than a "1 gallon" pot by another manufacturer. 

Yeah... pot sizes are measured in "trade gallons"... a "5 gallon" pot will hold exactly three "US gallons" worth of water.... a 5 gallon bucket should be 5 US gallons (many of them even say so on the bottom)...

I learned this lesson the hard way when I ordered 25 of what i thought were supposed to be 5 gallon root pouches... they all are actually 3 gallons... and they sent me some bonus "3 gallon pots" that you can place a 1 gallon jug into with a direct fit.

7.48 actual gallons in a cubic foot.  

1.5 cubic feet of soil mix = 11.22 actual gallons.  So your two five gallon (actual) pots should work.

But then again, what Noah said is going to factor in too.

Ahhh. yeah that stuff is really fluffy!!! Good stuff... I would guesstimate that (at approximately field capacity [wet but not soaking]) the media will fill roughly 2x five gallon buckets about 90% full with around 4 quarts remaining *before watering in.

Back