• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Matt's Mater Log

Ok, I finally got around to potting the maters up today, some of them were going nuts, some were straggling along and some didnt do squat! I ended up with 22 plants. I will probably get a couple Beefsteaks going here soon too. I planted them about 4 weeks ago, they took about 8 days to all pop up.

So heres my list of what I have...
6 Jersey Devil
4 Believe It Or Not
3 Russian Rose
5 Super Marzano VFNT
4 Belgium Giant

Heres the Russian Roses, Believe It Or Nots & Super Marzanos
MarzanoRussianRoseBelieve3-5-10.jpg

And the Belgium Giants & Jersey Devils
BelgiumJersey3-5-10.jpg

Matt,

Looks great but a suggestion - add potting mix all the way the the leaves. The toms will grow roots on all part of the stem, giving you a much stronger plant in the long run.

Mike

2 week update. I had to move them to the other grow box that has more height between the lights, they were into the fluorescent tubes in the other grow box. Soon I will have to move them to the 3rd area under different lights again. I havent looked at them in a couple days, watered them well and just let them do their thing. The 2 cups have some volunteer peppers in it, not sure what they are though. LOL
MarzanoRussianRoseBelieve3-19-10.jpg

BelgiumJersey3-19-10.jpg

Goodness, Matt, you're going to have quite the jungle by the time it's ready in Iowa to plant out! I like your little peppers in with the tomatoes. You might consider giving them their own cups, though, since they're so much smaller than the tomatoes.

Thanks Sorelina. I dumped some old potting mix back into the bag and I guess there were a couple seeds in there. I was thinking about tickling them out and putting them in their own cups but I am not sure what kind of peppers they are. Guess I will just have to wait and see. LOL

Back