• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Mature Seeds

I have a question, if you pick a pod off a plant and its not fully ripe, do the seeds continue to mature along with the pod itself ?
And would these seeds be useable ?
Thanks

I don't think so, but depending on the maturity of the pepper when it was picked, there may or may not be some seeds that can germinate. You're better off waiting for the pepper to fully mature for the best chances and most usable seeds. I could be wrong though, I'd wait for verification.

I would lean towards no, the seeds wouldn't be getting fed after the pod is picked i would imagine.

Novacastrian said:
I would lean towards no, the seeds wouldn't be getting fed after the pod is picked i would imagine.

+1 IMO they also have not had the chance to get to the "reproduction" stage. Give it a try (if you have plenty of pods) and see what happens.

Hmm yeah i had my suspicions.
Dont think ill bother trying to germinate them right now as i have about 7 different varietys of pepper seeds to germinate i dont wanna be wasting my time on faulty Jalapeno seeds.
Thanks for the feedback.

Back