misc May have found the place

After long talks with the Ohio Dept. of Agriculture. I may have found a commercial kitchen to make my sauces in. I found a 2 level bar. They have 2 kitchen (1 upstairs and 1 downstairs) They only use the kitchen upstairs. So the 1 downstairs stands idle. I have spoke to the owners and they are thinking about and will get in touch with me about the details. I am trying to get use of their kitchen in trade for sauces. Basically I use their kitche to cook my brew and in return I supply the sauces for their resturant. They are trying a few of my sauces to see if they like them and then we go from there.

Awesome news!

Dyce,
Is this in your area, Northern Ohio? I am in Cincinnati and I will propably looking into that situation pretty soon, as well.
Congrats and I hope it works out.

Richard

I see you took my advice and are going Pro quickly. I will miss all the good times we had at the top of the ametuer ranks.

Good luck and good biz!

Vic the Chili Man

rwaddell50 said:
Dyce,
Is this in your area, Northern Ohio? I am in Cincinnati and I will propably looking into that situation pretty soon, as well.
Congrats and I hope it works out.

Richard

Yes the place I found is here in Brunswick. (about 26 miles south of Cleveland on I-71)

thanks hopefully all will work out!

chiliman said:
I see you took my advice and are going Pro quickly. I will miss all the good times we had at the top of the ametuer ranks.

Good luck and good biz!

Vic the Chili Man

Yes I did. Hopefully if all goes right I will be a pro producer. Or maybe semi pro so I can still compete in the ametuer ranks..lol

chiliman said:

Good luck and good biz!

Vic the Chili Man

Hey Vic--

I'm still in the amateur ranks...probably will be for awhile. I'll be glad to join you there!!

DevilDuck said:
Hey Vic--

I'm still in the amateur ranks...probably will be for awhile. I'll be glad to join you there!!

What's the line between amateur and pro? Can an amateur sell any bottles of sauce, or does the first sale make you a pro?

I'm strictly out of my kitchen and am printing my labels on an ink-jet. I have the ability and the contacts to go professional but it is really cost prohibitive at the moment.

If my sales projections hold up, it will be a good start to actually going professional. I am running out of garden space to grow more peppers and that leads me to another dilemma, where to buy peppers.

I am going to hold out as long as possible so I can have a good operating capital base. Nothing like going into business broke.

Oh...I'm still in negotiations for my logo. The owner of the art loves what Uncle Big did to the original, but I can't get the 300dpi version 'till I pay him...or he creates a unique logo for me (read: commission a piece of original art). So, there's another deterrent.

But, hey...I'm a happy camper. I get to brew everything I sell, and if it's not good, I can only blame myself.

Back