misc Mead

I'm sitting here enjoying a cool Minnesota evening. It's about 55 degrees, and the suns going down, so it's only getting colder. What's there to do tonight? Well, I don't have work in the morning, and I have an extra bottle of Chaucer's Mead sitting around. I guess I could get silly on honey wine.

It's strong as a wine should be, but it's savory, and drinks like a pale, malty beer. I'm lovin' it. It's the perfect beverage for cold nights. The only thing that can make it better is some good black metal. Viking or Folk should do fine as well, though.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .mead. I've had some really good mead from the Finger Lakes region in New York. My only complaint regarding mead is the hangovers are MONSTROUS!!! :beer:

Had a bottle of Chaucer's Mead last night. I actually started 4 gallons of Mead 2 weeks ago and have never tried it befor last night. It was really good, maybe a bit sweeter than I really like but now I know what a mead should taste like. Can't wait for mine to finish now. Going to do half still and half sparkling.

Cheers,
RM

mead is mmmm good!....i made a few gallons of pyment...never found out why the neibors were upset and the hose was pulled out to the lawn and still running on some clothes and shoes the next day...i can almost remember crawling to the bathroom.looking back "i hope i wasnt naked!"..make sure and use a champainge yeast! :)

Back