• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Melissa's 2013 Bigger and Better grow!!

Hey everyone!!

It's been awhile since I have been able to catch up with all my THP friends! Work, family and my continuous grow leaves me no free time.BUT I don't let the lack of free time get in the way of doing what I love, growing! My outdoor season is still going, production is down because they hate the cold but still picking so I am good with that! Plants look sad but even with low 30's nights they are still flowering/setting and ripening pods. I see them on the weekend right now, my step children plants because when I get home from work it's dark! lol

I have been busy behind the scenes getting a super early head start on the 2013 season!! Fired up my indoor tent in September with my 4 bulb T5 and some monster CFL's, November added my new Quantum Bad Boy 8 bulb T5! I remembered right from the start why I love growing indoors, nice, bushy, green beautiful plants! I love my T5's!

I figured I might as well start off a fresh grow log for the 2013 year! I slacked the last few months keeping up with my old log so in with the new! :D I had a very successful year, family, friends and coworkers were introduced to a whole new world of hot peppers! I hope for this next season to be bigger and better than the last! I am going to do my best to fit in some time to keep my grow updated!

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you all a Happy new year and successful 2013 growing season!!

XOXO

Melissa :dance:

NOW FOR SOME PICS :)

Brown Rocoto
IMG_5357_zpsc6456814.jpg

White 7
IMG_5358_zps36f83f3e.jpg

Chocolate Scorpion
IMG_5359_zps4ad5bc8e-1_zps146e4f99.jpg

Billy Boy Doughlah
IMG_5362_zpsfbe13002-1_zpsddb341c5.jpg

The 1ga starts in my tent
IMG_5364_zpsb688b2b8.jpg

Yellow Billy Boy Doughlah
IMG_5367_zpse72ea1a5.jpg

Yellow Brain
IMG_5370_zpsa421411a.jpg

Sepia Serpent
IMG_5371_zpsc64fd9ec.jpg

Peach Scorpanero #2 (Aji Joe)
IMG_5373_zpsdee2710f.jpg

Hubert (Pubescen)
IMG_5372_zps5514a580.jpg

Love it Mel. That pretty little girl looks just like her mom. Those plants are beasts. I love following your grow. Awesome

Thanks Pia!! My two girls are mini-me's, personality and all, boyyyy am I in trouble when they get older! lol.

Holy Toledo............ah..I mean Corona...

Melissa your babies look great and your young daughter Violet is such a cutie, she has a natural smile ...

I wish my plants had peppers on them, outside of the pods I have in the freezer I find myself going down to the produce markets to buy " Orange Habs"............ :cry:

Your Bahamian Goat is starting to fork out nicely. I would cut off the lower fan...oops pepper leaves off......ha

It's beneficial to leave some of the main stem larger upper on though, shade protection but more so it could indicate a telltale sign of overwatering.......those will wilt/yellow first.

I can't wait for your outdoor shots of the garden. You have such a vast variety to display !

Have a great weekend...

Thank you Greg! I am pretty surprised with my progress this year, the soil makes alllll the difference! I appreciate you always stopping in my grow! :)

Muahhahah. More seeds. Way to go!! Nice updates...

Thanks Denniz!

Nice looking "start" to the year. My start won't be anywhere near as green as yours lol. Good luck on your grow.

Thank you Bodeen! I am pretty sure your grow will be just green as mine if it compares at all to what you did last year! :)

Plants are look great. Glad to see someone else using the Grow Bags. The price is definitely right! Nice list of new starts. Good luck!

Thanks Doc! You are right, can't beat the price of the grow bags! Good luck to you too!

Nice, Melissa. You have pepper plants at every stage of growth!

I lucked out with the plants at every stage Paul! The nicest ones are on the side of my house sheltered from some cold :)

Awesome grow log, Awesome plants! Good Luck Melissa.

Thank you! Good luck to you as well! :)

Really great progress!

Thanks Idosimon!

UPDATE!

BEEN BUSY ALL DAY REARRANGING AND REPOTTING PLANTS, LUCKILY MY BROTHER NICK WAS HERE TO HELP!

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT WEEKEND! HERE ARE SOME UPDATED PICS I TOOK TODAY ;)

REAPER
IMG_5460_zps8c9b6f84.jpg

CHOCOLATE SCORPION
IMG_5461_zps2638a138.jpg

BILLY BOY DOUGHLAH
IMG_5463_zps493afdfb.jpg

THESE WERE IN CUPS, POTTED UP TO 1GA
IMG_5466_zps76b1cd2b.jpg

MUSTARD HABANERO
IMG_5467_zps5997614b.jpg

THE TENT WAS REARRANGED YET STILL PACKED? LOL
IMG_5474_zps14b8280c.jpg

RAISED THE LIGHTS TODAY
IMG_5475_zps173addb5.jpg

ALL OF THESE DIDN'T FIT IN THE TENT ANYMORE, OUTSIDE TO THE GREENHOUSE THEY GO!
IMG_5481_zpsc7132527.jpg

i think she mentioned no TEA yet.. just ROOTS organic soil.. and some other stuff...

MeLGirL... damn that reapers huge.. bigger than the ones i have here... who needs an aerogarden when you got that... wish i could clean up my garage and setup a grow room.. NICE!!! again your seedlings are as big as my adult plants now!!

Your plants are ridiculous! The branching is amazing. with your long growing season and such an amazing indoor start i see huge things for you this season!

Your plants are kick ass. Any flowers/pods on the reaper yet. I hope your pods grow true.

Thank you Pia! No open flowers on the Reaper yet, but you better believe the minute one opens up I am using a q-tip to pollinate them flowers! :D

so shiny!!!! you got another pepper jungle on your hands. nice update

are you feeding with teas yet?

There are soooo shiny Ben, loving that kelp and humic concentrate I water in! There is something so beautiful about pepper plants! No teas yet, too cold to be brewing outside and I don't have enough free time to get it done right now anyway. Spring time I will be back to brewing teas on the regular ;)

i think she mentioned no TEA yet.. just ROOTS organic soil.. and some other stuff...

MeLGirL... damn that reapers huge.. bigger than the ones i have here... who needs an aerogarden when you got that... wish i could clean up my garage and setup a grow room.. NICE!!! again your seedlings are as big as my adult plants now!!

Thanks Denniz! I definitely seem to have the grow down to a science this year, let's hope it's stays this way! Hurrrrrrry up spring! :)

Awesome Melissa !,
Those leaves on the c.chinense are huge, and the photos are very inspiring! If I hadn't started any seeds yet I'd certainly be doing so tomorrow.........now Im hyped!
!

Thank you Greg!! Glad to provide some inspiration to my fellow THP'ers! Looking forward to everyone else getting the grows fired up and on full speed like mine, going to be an epic year for everyone I hope!

Looking Marvelous and Green !!! will be interested to see yet another "Reaper" and how its pods shape up.

Thanks Trippa! I too am looking forward to the reaper podding, just one plant with pods that are shaped like the marketing photo's would be nice! lol

Those plants look healthy and really strong! You are off to a great start!

Thank you PeriPeri!!

Your plants are ridiculous! The branching is amazing. with your long growing season and such an amazing indoor start i see huge things for you this season!

Thanks Bee! I completely agree, the branching is insane on some of those! The grow has already exceeded my expectations this year, if I can keep it moving at this speed it is sure to be an epic year for me! :dance:

Beautiful variety of healty plant Melissa :lol:

Thank you Vladan!! ;)

Those plants are getting ginormous! You can really see them filling out on the main stalk. Pods in no time!

Crazy how fast they are growing huh Doc?! The main stalks are huge and pushing out new growth at every node, lets hope I can get them to pod up! I sure wouldn't mind some fresh supers to eat right now! :D

JUST A COUPLE MORE PICS BEFORE I START WORKING, HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!

THE BROWN ROCOTTO, FULL OF FLOWERS BUT NO PODS YET. CONTINUING THAT SPRAWLING HABIT, JOINED THE OUTDOOR GREENHOUSE CREW YESTERDAY!
IMG_5465_zpsa1b1e588.jpg

NEW BABIES EVERYWHERE!
IMG_5469_zpsd16342f0.jpg

THIS IS MY QUEEN LAURIE (BACCATUM) OUTSIDE, NOT DOING TOO BAD AND HAS A BUNCH OF LARGE PODS WAITING TO RIPEN!
IMG_5471_zps445499a4.jpg

IMG_5472_zps8adfdf70.jpg

SOME NON PEPPER PICS SINCE SOMEONE ASKED IF I GREW ANYTHING ELSE ;)

LEMON GRASS, I ABSOLUTELY LOVEEEE THIS STUFF!
IMG_5456_zps2a0ee1c5.jpg

GARLIC, YESSSS I DESPERATELY NEED TO WEED THIS AREA! :P
IMG_5450_zps33c174ca.jpg

MY PEAS DOING GREAT OUTSIDE!
IMG_5449_zps6b281a90.jpg

Geez, Melissa. I can't go away for a day without
coming back to get blown away again! Good stuff.

I can not get over the stem on that Chocolate Scorp... it's not normal - it's bionic! You put that plant in the soil you will get China calling you to complain that your plant is sucking up all their ground water :)

Your plants are amazing.

After reading that you are using Roots Organic I decided to try it out and all I can say is WOW. What a difference compared to the crap I used before. Thanks for the info, I need to read through this more thoroughly and see what else I can pick up. You have quite the green thumb.

Aahhaaaaa Peri you are hilarious. Yes Rocket. I think your on to something and I don't know why it didn't occur to me before cuz beer is the answer for everything

Melissa what can I say but awe-inspiring! Was away for a few days and still trying to catch up, so let me sum what I’ve seen/read since last visit at your place since 10 January ;)
  • “MY BABY GIRL VIOLET” Beautiful daughter you have and while I don’t know for sure, she must get that from mom :)
  • Man those leaves on the bottom of your Bahamian Goat are huge … seriously no sexual pun intended, did you end up cutting them off? (I may have missed reading that :/ )
  • From the other pod pictures I’ve seen around here of the Reaper, I’m not sure what I like better your Reaper or that Dos Equis XX :D
  • Again, beautiful pics, plants and absolutely love dat lemon grass! Keep on jammin :)

Back