• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mezo`s "super hots" Glog including the 'big' solar dehydrator.

The is thread with the humungous solar dehydrator. :D

solardehydrator3.jpg

G-Day, im Mez or Mezo & im new to this part of Australia having come from Perth (Western Australia) where growing chili peppers is so easy (except the heat).

I live in the border ranges in northern New South Wales (bordering Queensland) and its a mixed bag of temperate & tropical conditions, the summers are very hot, wet & humid, the winters are dry & sunny.

Average daily temps.

averagedailytemp.gif

And average monthly rainfall.

averagemonthlyrain.gif

Aussies reading this will already know this, but people in other country's probably paint a picture of Australia as a hot dry/dusty land but this is far from the truth, up north its full blown tropics with a wet season & 100% humidity (yuck). Down south its freezing cold & snow during winter, out west its a dry heat like in the Mediterranean & in the middle of Australia is desert country.

So im now growing for the first time "Super hots" and for a very important reason, whilst working away in Perth i had a double heart attack wich has left me permanently disabled, sadly they are unable to operate on me (bypass/stent) as its to far gone, so having worked all my life (Electrician) im now at the age of 45 claiming a disability pension & i hate not being able to work.

Now i take shovel fulls of dam tablets to keep my heart pumping & id rather not be taking any but right now there no option i have to take them or ill drop dead on the spot. After much reading i found out that cayenne powder has all sort of benefits to your health & well being, especially to your cardio vascular system. I had read that cayenne powder can stop a heart attack in its track & i put this to the test (twice) and yes it does work where the medication (Nitrolingual) had no effect.

So anyone reading this who spots a friend having a heart attack just flick some chili powder in a glass of water as fast as you can & get them to drink in right down, fast. It works within 30 seconds of drinking it & it saved me from two more attacks already.

So there's my life story in a nutshell & some sound advice on how to save a heart attack victims life.
And this ladies & gentlymen is why im growing "Super Hots" to make high heat cayenne powder for cooking to improve my circulation/remove fats & as a "just in case of emergency"

OK on with the first of my "Hots" the Bhut Jolokia, the reason i chose this was simple i just Googled "whats the hottest chili" and up popped the result, however further reading on the interweb i found threads from this forum & names like the Butch T, the Douglah & Brain Strain.

So ive ordered them from pepperlover.com after so many people gave such great reviews, Bhut in the meantime lets look at my Jolokia`s.

Bhut2.jpg

Bhut6.jpg

Must admit i just love the shape & color of these babies.
icon_mrgreen.gif

More soon,

Mezo.

Mez, you got Tess trained quite well!! Those Black Princes from Siberia are something else... they were still growing last year when the first few weeks of frost hit. :)

Good looking pup Mezo!

She doing real well is young Tess, she`s almost fully grown & the vet is real happy with how well she`s done. She got zapped on the nose by the electric cattle fence on Monday & it scared the crap out of her (shaking & whimpering).

Here`s a pic when we first got her (3 months old) she was so small i could sit her on the dashboard in the cruiser. LoL

dashboarddoggie.jpg

Mez, you got Tess trained quite well!! Those Black Princes from Siberia are something else... they were still growing last year when the first few weeks of frost hit. :)

I did forget to mention Conor that i had gone round with a cotton bud on all the flowers trying to pollinate them, im not sure if that was my doing but they started fruiting days after. I had wondered how they was going to pollinate in winter with a distinct lack of flying insects?

Mezo.

Dang Mezo and His Magical Mystery Tent! Good on ya Bro and I can't believe the color you have in your powder that's amazing.

Love Border Collies, a good friend of mine in College had one and he was smart as a whip, might say he was a little too smart for his own good too at times.

Hummm, just out of curiosity were the plant that got the aphids also ones that got the coffee juice treatment? I've had ants on a few plants, mostly a Lima Bean but no aphids. Then again that's the only one I didn't plant with the used grounds in the soil mix.

Cheers,
RM

Yep the plants that got the espresso was in fact the one that got aphids, possibly they like caffeine?

Yep the Border Collie are smart all right, but Tess is part Kelpie which makes her that bit smarter than her older brother "Binny" thats short for "Bin Laden" as he was a F`in terrorist as a puppy (i didn't name him that Danny did).

This is an Australian Kelpie walking on the backs of sheep. :P

628px-Kelpie_walking_across_the_backs_of_sheep.jpg

Mezo.

Hahaahahahahaha, that is F'n Hularious! The sheep in the background are lookin hard like "WTF is that little shit doing....you see that disrespect.....oh hell no!" great stuff Mezo, interesting about the espresso...

Well the sad thing is Dave that people buy these dogs not doing there homework first, Collie`& Kelpies are working dogs & they need to be exercised beyond our human ability's.

The only way we get our dogs knackered out is to jump on a motorbike & go flying down the paddock a few times to wear them out. And even after a few laps they are still full of energy & want you to go round again? but even us on bikes are completely shagged out, Ive clocked both dogs at 60k`s.

Watch this guy with a Whippet Kelpie cross.

Mezo.

Ah Mezo....you can possibly answer a question that i've been meaning to ask somebody since we first got here!

Carpet....on the dashboard of the car.....whats the deal?!

I've seen loads of cars with this fitted here in Aus, but haven't a clue why!? Can you shed zee light on this one for me!!!? :)

yea its to protect your dash from the sun old school style :D

Yes its partly the reason Nee as wildfire says, the sun in the old school cars used to eventually crack the plastic, the modern cars don't have the problem now with better UV stabilized plastics, the reason they are still on cars is for two reasons, one its stops the glare off your dash burning your retina`s out (big difference in driving) especially if your job involves driving all day. And the other reason it keeps the sun from warming your car like a greenhouse, my windows were tinted as well to keep it even cooler.

It saves on fuel in the long run & they pay for themselves in just a few months as you don't need to run your AC so hard & so often, plus it keeps your dash clean & when you go to sell your car you can whip it off & it still looks brand new.

Mezo.

Reactions: nee
Cute-ass pup, Meez!

Damn... I've really got A LOT of catching up on glog reading to do! Missed piles of good stuff here!

Winter is the season for aphids here. Right on time, I've seen some popping up around the place over the last few weeks... but thankfully mostly only on weeds at this point! My experience with 'em is nothing a little bit of oil or soap won't fix. (Don't quote me on that! It's just how it's been for me....)

F'in Mezo.... "That's NOT how you light a fire!" :rofl:

Hi Dave,

I did think of that, normally i have both ends of the wedding marquee zipped closed to stop the chickens going in. That morning (nice sunny & calm) i decided to open it up so the plants could get some fresh air, its only for an hour or two they get sun on them at the end & as it makes its way around the bushy one is in the shade (or furthest from the light).

So light was ruled out, it can only be something the plant is feeding on? possibly a pest in the soil eating at the roots? When i re rejuvenated the potting mix i dug out loads of these white grubs (big suckers) and tossed them to the chickens as i was doing it in the wheelbarrow, im certain i got them all but possibly i missed one?

They look like this.

controle_vers.jpg

Mezo.

We have those bastards here in Texas too...but I have a secret weapon. "Tito the Wonder-Toad" lives in my garden, and has been doing a great job of mopping up pests.

392473_2972496325274_1647752299_2044076_1874761401_n.jpg

I'm going to update my glog this week...lotsa good stuff happnin over here!

LunchBox, so nice to hear from you again after such a long time.

We also have toads here & they are a f`ing 4lb nuisance, they are Cane Toads.

We play Cricket with them, we stamp on them, we run the bastards over, thats all i have to say about friggin Toads.

Mezo.

Back