• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

Thanks, it took me a few days but I managed to pull through... I think I am going to do the powder thing this season. That or freeze everything till next summer when I can spend time experimenting with purées and sauces when I get back from this deployment. Any idea how long peppers last in the freezer??

The Naga X has a really fruity taste, which is more in line with the 7s. I wouldn't say it was just like the 7 pot, but it is in the ballpark. I have a video review and it was one of the better tasting ones I have tried.

I actually don't know how long they last in the freezer. I'm going to try this out so I don't run out of chiles as well. I tried pieces of the Jonah. The flavor seemed like a typical 7 pot imo. It was a very pleasant taste :) . I'll have to check out your review of the naga x. I think my favorite flavor for a fresh pod is 7 pots (for dried bhut jolokias).

That's an impressive harvest. I can only imagine the sauce that will be made. The Jonah review was funny. What was your favorite beer there?

boomtastic! AHAHAAAAA Loved the harvest. Great looking stuff :fireball:

Thanks! It was definitely :hot:
That's an impressive harvest. I can only imagine the sauce that will be made. The Jonah review was funny. What was your favorite beer there?

I really havent decided what I want to do with all the pods, I think some powder is in order, and I may take a shot at a few sauces, not sure. But thanks for stopping in, and welcome to the community!

Hope l eventually get some killer harvests like yours! I'm getting 5 or 6 a day now, but not enough at one time to do anything much with them.

Watched your latest pod review, and as soon as you started shaking your head and saying, "This is bad." I knew you were in trouble. It was the first time I sensed a moment of panic from you. I won't lie and say I didn't laugh at all, but I really did feel bad for you about halfway through. Yeah, I won't be adding that one to my grow list ...

Here are some goodies Matt sent my way from his latest harvest (see video)! The
squares on the cloth are 5/8" (17cm) on a side for sizing the pods. Some of
these are monsters, just huge pods! Looking forward to giving them a try.
There is a Naga Morich not in the pics because it got eaten with my dinner
before I took the group shot! These pics are also in my glog.

Matt, you are the man, my friend. Thanks for spreading the heat. I'll have a good
time sampling these babies. I can't believe the size of these pods. There are a
couple of names I didn't get, maybe you can straighten me out, buddy.

A couple of nice crosses in this group. Top to bottom, left to right: 7 Pot Jonah, 'Nota'
? (sorry Matt, couldn't make out the name on this one), Butch T; Red Scorpanero F2,
Indian Carbon, 7 Pot Original; Douglah x BJ Red, 7 Pot BP, BJ Giant Red, BJ Red;
Datil Sweet(?):
IMG_9654a.jpg

Not sure what the smaller pods are, I'm guessing pequins of some kind and a some
kind of bird pepper? Maybe you can help out there. Large pods: Primo, BJ Chocolate,
7 Pot Yellow; TS Yellow, Fatali; Douglah, BJ Brown.
IMG_9655.jpg

Once again, a thousand thanks, my friend. Hope you enjoy the visit with your family.

Hope l eventually get some killer harvests like yours! I'm getting 5 or 6 a day now, but not enough at one time to do anything much with them.

Watched your latest pod review, and as soon as you started shaking your head and saying, "This is bad." I knew you were in trouble. It was the first time I sensed a moment of panic from you. I won't lie and say I didn't laugh at all, but I really did feel bad for you about halfway through. Yeah, I won't be adding that one to my grow list ...

Trust me, they start slow and then explode! I was getting small pulls of about a dozen, then it doubled, tripled, and now I am having trouble keeping up! It is quite alright that you chuckled a bit...apparently so did my family! Why not grow it?? lt is only a little hot... :onfire:

Here are some goodies Matt sent my way from his latest harvest (see video)! The
squares on the cloth are 5/8" (17cm) on a side for sizing the pods. Some of
these are monsters, just huge pods! Looking forward to giving them a try.
There is a Naga Morich not in the pics because it got eaten with my dinner
before I took the group shot! These pics are also in my glog.

Matt, you are the man, my friend. Thanks for spreading the heat. I'll have a good
time sampling these babies. I can't believe the size of these pods. There are a
couple of names I didn't get, maybe you can straighten me out, buddy.

Once again, a thousand thanks, my friend. Hope you enjoy the visit with your family.

No problem Paul, I am glad you liked them! Got enough heat there to keep ya warm until yours come in!

Awesome looking pods Matt you're a pro grower bro!!! :clap:

Thanks!! I appreciate you stoppin in!

That is what is in the freezer :)

Oh yea, and I am a few hours from the house, I can't wait to see how the garden has changed in the last 2 weeks! I may need to have the wife give me a hand tonight.

:cantwaittogethomeandmeltmyface:

Big freezer ;)
Nice problem you have there having to many pepper you have to freeze them.

Deng envy is not the word. Muahahah I like brain freeze. Or more like Hemorrhage. !! Matt as always. Good to see things are working well for you.

Matt, I just had to stop by and say thanks again for the great
box o' pods. I am having such fun with them!

I haven't kept up with the glogs much for the past few months, but you're kicking ass now! It's great to see how well your grow is going after a somewhat rocky start. Keep up the good work!

Big freezer ;)
Nice problem you have there having to many pepper you have to freeze them.

LOL. Yea, I guess I could have worse issues... :)

Deng envy is not the word. Muahahah I like brain freeze. Or more like Hemorrhage. !! Matt as always. Good to see things are working well for you.

Brain Freeze :rofl: I love it!

Matt, I just had to stop by and say thanks again for the great
box o' pods. I am having such fun with them!

No problem Paul, I am glad you are havin a blast. A little heat puts a smile on everyone's face!

Jeez man! Nice harvests you got goin. Nothin like fillin the freezer for the long off season. Quite the grower you are bro!

Thanks J! Yea, and my off season happens to be about a year... :( But I should have enough to mess with when I get back!

I haven't kept up with the glogs much for the past few months, but you're kicking ass now! It's great to see how well your grow is going after a somewhat rocky start. Keep up the good work!

No worries, you were busy catching lake monsters! I would have done the same! It is pretty amazing how much help the people here have given me. I truly found a community that cares about helping people!

Nice Matt.... I picked off all my supers and now they are motoring again. Pods are doubling and tripling in size everyday. It's almost like they know the season is getting shorter.

Yea, I know exactly what you are talking about. It seems when I was outside yesterday picking, i was pulling about 80% of the pods off the plants. Some of them are loading up again, but most look like they are putting out a last hurrah before the end of the season...

Like I mentioned above, I was out in the garden today after more than a week out of town. This has by far been my biggest harvest. Definitely fun pulling 20 or 30 pods off of a plant!

ButchT has been one of my top producers. It was the first ripe, and each time I head out there, there is another half dozen ripe pods.
file.jpg

file-1.jpg

BJ Brown. This one is putting out huge (like 4 inches) pods. Solid producer.
file-2.jpg

The NOT 7 pot White has also been a huge producer for me. It is always spitting out more, lemon sized pods.
file-4.jpg

And the BJ Red is the same size as the Brown, just red. This plant is huge, it must have 7 square feet of canopy and be at least 3.5 or 4 feet tall.
file-3.jpg

And the money shot.
file-5.jpg

Oh yea, and I ate a primo...
http://youtu.be/s3tZubfeyX8

Back