• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

Matt said "awesomeness"......still can't load any vids, but since you said awesomeness :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I am going run this somehow!!!!
I don't think we build resistance....I ate a wee Infinity with my omlet this AM(JUST A LIL' 1"tapered pod.....) and I think I lost 2lbs in water weight.Note to self, do not combine sauce with pods like these in same meal.CHECK. I think it may work the opposite way :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ....Its just a wee one-what a dumb ass! The boys were actually starting to wonder -and they are used to me tearing at meals :fireball: ...and I did jump off early-omlet/Infinity...4 pieces of watermelon...Its whats for breakfast!(lunch) A beer would 've been REALLY welcome....
Grant sent me some Jonah Yellow seeds :party: .........just sayin.......

I'm may be wrong, but even the whale couldn't keep Jonah down!I wonder if the name has anything to do with that.......

The 7 Pot Jonah is not a pepper to review lightly.

Everything else. The plant is a killer producer, and is good size. I would definitely grow this thing if I had room, or if I didn't . A must grow in my book not only for heat level, but for production and overall awesomeness. Yes, I just said awesomeness.

+1 and +1. The Jonah put me down last year...only pepper I have sampled that made me go for milk and have to take 10 minutes laying down to get it together. It doesn't get the attention some of the other 7 pots do but man it can rip you up!

"I can taste my tears... and they suck." Great line.

"I feel like post coital" made me laugh

Wow. You've handled really hot peppers. This one scares me, because it obviously completely lit you up. You could see you were going to be in trouble because it destroyed you right away, which is not a good thing because we all know those stupid things build. That had to freak you out a bit. When I ate the Brain Strain from Jamie, I knew immediately I was in a lot of trouble because it was so hot right away.

I wonder too if each Jonah is that bad, or if that was a special pod. There seems to be a group of pods where they are all going to be very hot, but you might get that one that just destroys you.

Anyway, loved the video once again!

Wow,I actually felt it that time!

That thing literally took you for a ride brutha man! Hope you are feeling better today..
New rule,if judy says its stupid hot...only eat half! With the stomach pains and all...

I thought we were about to see Matt flip his top...I was thinking The Shining, or maybe Clockwork Orange was about to bust out on youtube...LOL

Get better soon!

Wow Matt. I'm glad you survived that ride. I am definitely going to get some seeds from Judy. I have to look for her website. Oh and thank God you took a page from my book to get you through. Ahahhaaaaa. Great review as always.

Holy smokes great job on that one. Gave me that nervous feeling just watching you eat that pod. I can't even imagine that pain you felt.

Hmm, just picked a Jonah pod this morning from the seeds you sent me. I wonder if it got extra hot from that heatwave we had. I never planned to eat one whole. I'm sure glad I didn't, lol. That sounds horrible! I'll taste a piece of it and put the rest in a sauce.

Matt said "awesomeness"......still can't load any vids, but since you said awesomeness :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I am going run this somehow!!!!
I don't think we build resistance....I ate a wee Infinity with my omlet this AM(JUST A LIL' 1"tapered pod.....) and I think I lost 2lbs in water weight.Note to self, do not combine sauce with pods like these in same meal.CHECK. I think it may work the opposite way :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ....Its just a wee one-what a dumb ass! The boys were actually starting to wonder -and they are used to me tearing at meals :fireball: ...and I did jump off early-omlet/Infinity...4 pieces of watermelon...Its whats for breakfast!(lunch) A beer would 've been REALLY welcome....
Grant sent me some Jonah Yellow seeds :party: .........just sayin.......

I'm may be wrong, but even the whale couldn't keep Jonah down!I wonder if the name has anything to do with that.......

Dude I know exactly what you are talking about. This one was really brutal on my stomach. I was feeling it the whole next day. Yellow jonah huh.....sounds awesome. Grant definitley has some great varieties.

Ouch...to both of you! :rofl:

Yes, ouch. The understatement of the century. Lol!

+1 and +1. The Jonah put me down last year...only pepper I have sampled that made me go for milk and have to take 10 minutes laying down to get it together. It doesn't get the attention some of the other 7 pots do but man it can rip you up!

I really never gave it much stock...I figured it was just another 7 pot, hot but not brutal. Man, was I wrong!

"I can taste my tears... and they suck." Great line.

"I feel like post coital" made me laugh

Wow. You've handled really hot peppers. This one scares me, because it obviously completely lit you up. You could see you were going to be in trouble because it destroyed you right away, which is not a good thing because we all know those stupid things build. That had to freak you out a bit. When I ate the Brain Strain from Jamie, I knew immediately I was in a lot of trouble because it was so hot right away.

I wonder too if each Jonah is that bad, or if that was a special pod. There seems to be a group of pods where they are all going to be very hot, but you might get that one that just destroys you.

Anyway, loved the video once again!

Lol, I am, glad that you are enjoying my word choice when I am in utter pain. you know, I think about that all the time. I wonderi if it is a special pod, or maybe just hitting me harder. But When someone gets a box from me and they confirm or deny it, it helps my sanity.

Wow,I actually felt it that time!

That thing literally took you for a ride brutha man! Hope you are feeling better today..
New rule,if judy says its stupid hot...only eat half! With the stomach pains and all...

I thought we were about to see Matt flip his top...I was thinking The Shining, or maybe Clockwork Orange was about to bust out on youtube...LOL

Get better soon!

I seriously thought about shutting the video off and going to lay in the corner. It was that bad.

Wow Matt. I'm glad you survived that ride. I am definitely going to get some seeds from Judy. I have to look for her website. Oh and thank God you took a page from my book to get you through. Ahahhaaaaa. Great review as always.

Thanks Pia! This one is a keeper!

Holy smokes great job on that one. Gave me that nervous feeling just watching you eat that pod. I can't even imagine that pain you felt.

Lol, I had no idea I was gonna get hit like that. I passed on my brain strain because I didn't want to eat something nuclear that night. I guess I was wrong...

Hmm, just picked a Jonah pod this morning from the seeds you sent me. I wonder if it got extra hot from that heatwave we had. I never planned to eat one whole. I'm sure glad I didn't, lol. That sounds horrible! I'll taste a piece of it and put the rest in a sauce.

Dude, it is hot as lava. A whole pod of this is crazy. Period.

Had a killer harvest last night.
b9c46639.jpg

Red 7 Pots
3d80b774.jpg

Primos
bcf788c5.jpg

Nice harvest! My primos are getting there :) . Hope you have fully recovered from that Jonah. What do you plan on doing with your Jonahs? They would make a mean sauce or powder, lol.

Edit: Does the naga x 7 pot cross have a naga flavor or 7 pot?

Great harvest as usual, Matt! The pepper gene is fully
expressed in your phenotype! Don't have time to look at
vids right now, but after reading folks' comments, I will
definitely take a look.

Enjoy the time you have left before you head out, bro!
I don't know why I said that; you know what to do!

Okay- finally got the vids to load.NICE HARVEST :dance: :dance: :dance:
The Jonah Video:There is an Impressionist painting..."The Scream".....you just personified it :fireball: .....PERFECTLY :hell: !

Nice harvest! My primos are getting there :) . Hope you have fully recovered from that Jonah. What do you plan on doing with your Jonahs? They would make a mean sauce or powder, lol.

Edit: Does the naga x 7 pot cross have a naga flavor or 7 pot?

Thanks, it took me a few days but I managed to pull through... I think I am going to do the powder thing this season. That or freeze everything till next summer when I can spend time experimenting with purées and sauces when I get back from this deployment. Any idea how long peppers last in the freezer??

The Naga X has a really fruity taste, which is more in line with the 7s. I wouldn't say it was just like the 7 pot, but it is in the ballpark. I have a video review and it was one of the better tasting ones I have tried.

Your videos are always a trip!

Lol. Thanks, I am glad you enjoy them. I am out of town for the week, maybe I can work up the courage to do another pod review when I get back home. I just have to avoid watching the Jonah video before then... You will see soon enough...

Great harvest as usual, Matt! The pepper gene is fully
expressed in your phenotype! Don't have time to look at
vids right now, but after reading folks' comments, I will
definitely take a look.

Enjoy the time you have left before you head out, bro!
I don't know why I said that; you know what to do!

Lol. No worries Paul, I am on the same page with ya! Thanks for stopping in!

Nice harvest :halo:

Thanks Vlad! I have been really lucky finding this community to help me through the early issues of the season.

Okay- finally got the vids to load.NICE HARVEST :dance: :dance: :dance:
The Jonah Video:There is an Impressionist painting..."The Scream".....you just personified it :fireball: .....PERFECTLY :hell: !

Thanks, I am glad I am as beautiful as a painting! Wait, is that the really ugly one??? :lol:

Great harvest, I can't wait til mine start at this pace!

Thy come up on you fast! Mine went from a dozen or so pods to a couple hundred in no time!

Great harvest and reviews Matt. I am very jealous. You be safe and report back soon :fireball:

Shoot, you have nothing to be jealous of! You get to pull harvests year round! Mine end in a few weeks. :(

Matt, that is a fantastic harvest!!!!! Love those Primos

Conor

Thanks Conor, I cut one open to pull some seeds out of it and it was drilling with oils. Like compleatly soaked. It was almost as if the pod was filled with water!

Back