• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

mgrlno grow log waaaayyyy late in the season

So I figured I would start a grow log now.  I'm a noob and would at least like to share my trials and tibulations.  I have a bunch of scorpions and bhuts hardening off (at least I think they are, ebay....) at the moment.   Most of the plants are about 6 inches or more and I will post pics when I can.  I also have a newborn baby so it makes it harder to keep up with this.  Currently I have a bunch of scorpions and bhuts in solo cups about to go full sun in a couple of days but its been very cloudy/rainy lately.  I'm about to get 10, 7 gallon root pouches in the mail very soon.  I plan on a mix of 3.5 CU Ft of Top Soil, 2 Cu FT perlite, 1/2 Cu Ft coarse sand, 3 Cu Ft hummus/manure mix for all of it.  Choices due to significant other really not happy with my grow to begin with so I'm going cheap as I can.  I also have 1 yellow bhut whos leaves have been wilting for some time (not due to underwatering at least) and a few Jamaican hot chocolate habs coming along.  Again will post pics when I can.  Wish me luck!

Promised some pictures, here they are:

https://imgur.com/a/cMHyl

Most of the plants look like this.  They have been in vigoro potting soil and I've fed with a 10-10-10 feet (1/2 strength) every couple of weeks.  I was concerned about calcium a few weeks ago and dissolved 4 times tabs in a quart of water a while ago.  Looks like that didn't help on a couple of them.  Anyways, ill see how it works out and post again in a week or so when they have been reported.  Any tips, suggestions, feedback is welcome.  Thanks for reading!

:welcome: to the glogosphere, Mgrino!

Your plants look nice and healthy!

http://imgur.com/a/hhEjn#0

Ok finally repotted the plants and I'm a bit concerned about the older plants.  I put the description of each of the plants in the album so it should help.  Again these are 7 gallon pots which I messed up in trying to calculate how much soil I needed.  I calculated wet instead of dry so I ended up with about 1cu ft or so short of soil.  Anyways I just went ahead and didn't fill them all the way up. 

The plants I potted 2 weeks ago haven't changed since I repotted them.  They were sprouted much sooner (3 to 4 weeks) than the plants that were potted 1 week ago so it may be an issue of being root bound in the new pots for the older ones.  They also got quite a bit more soil than the younger ones so it may be that the younger ones have hit the edges. 

Anyways, I know that it can take some time for the repotted plants to start growing again but I'm not sure how long it should be before its time to be concerned.  Also any tips to get them going would help too. 

Also any ideas what that bug is and whether its a threat? 

Thanks all for looking!  I will probably update in  a few weeks or so.

So I freaked out for no reason apparently.  I guess it takes longer to start seeing growth from solo cups to 7 gallon fabric pots...lol.  Anyways I'm even starting to get some fruit now and I'll post some pics later this weekend.  I am starting to see what looks like cotton in the form of spider webs on one of my plants.  Thought I saw somewhere that this was scale, can anyone comfirm?  Thanks all for reading and look for some pics soon!

Your plants look great bro, nice job
!
The cottony stuff could be spider egg sacks or worst case could be spider mites, which I hope for your sake its not!

Back