• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Misc macro pics

allXbutXgone said:
i'm thinking of overwintering a lot of my plants this year in huge pots so i can have some as big as that hab youve got there

I cut it back to a stump and pruned the rootball in early spring. It's still only maybe 15" tall, but it's bushy as hell. I'll have to do a thorough inspection to get all the pods.

peppermanbaha said:
Did u get the seeds of bradley's bahamain seeds i sent a week ago

I need to check to make sure all my mail is coming here again. Could be waiting for me at my temp address.

lee said:
btw, what does that lizard get to eat

Mostly small flying insects up to small moths. They also are supposed to dine on the ladybugs... so does the assassin I assume.

Wildfire Chilli Australia said:
What camera do you have and how much was it? My macro on my camera isn't very good and would love to get a better one one day.

Quad is correct - it's a Samsung S630 that I've had for a couple of years now. I use it with rechargable AA batteries and a 2GB SD card. The newer models are priced at or below $100 here. It takes a little patience and some trial and error to get the focus right in macro mode. I almost always use the ASR, which helps reduce camera wobble.

c.

FiveSix said:
Hey Carol you should take those Chocolate HAB leaves and make some Tomales lol.

Or cigars? :lol:

Seriously though, I don't know if it's the type of plant or the better growing conditions later in the season that made this thing ginormous for me. :shrug:

Just FYI, the way I take macros with S630 is using Scene Mode on the selector dial, and "Up Close" selected in Options for the scene type.

Seems to work well here. It even seems to work better than most when in low light indoors as it allows a longer exposure. :)

It's an older cam, and some of the newer Panny's and Canon's are incredible..but I like it for the $40 I paid. It's not itsy-bitsy small like the fad is now, and feels comfy and pretty solid for a cheaper camera. There's also a S730 that is just 7MP instead of 6MP.

For posting web size pics, that shouldn't matter though. I take pix at 6mp and resize and process with XnView and NeatImage if there's ISO noise.

GL!

-QS

How's this for macro?

17" Toshiba Infineon CRT @ 1024x768 resolution and my post above...I didn't bother with color-correcting.

S6302934a.jpg

S6302934b.jpg

Got Pixels? ;)

Hey Hey!! A macro showdown!!

Great pics Carol. It appears the flooding just slowed you down a little. Good for you.

FiveSix said:
Can I play too?

Come on in - the water's fine!
That's one heck of a pic you got there.

patrick said:
It appears the flooding just slowed you down a little. Good for you.

It just ruined some of the comparison tests I was doing and made me sell off some of the plants I had planned on keeping. I still have plenty for my needs. :)

bigt said:
Very nice Carol. You could submit some of that stuff to National Geographic.

Maybe they will sponsor me a new camera. A D90 would be fine... and some lenses to go with it. ;)

I've just found out my lens focuses pretty close, not exactly macro, but still fun...

Buds and furriness on a pepperoncini hot / "sweet wrinkled old man"
macrobuds1.jpg

An ally in the ongoing war on aphids (TM) :)
ladybird.jpg

Some basil
basil.jpg

Yep, pickled is how I got introduced to them but I can't seem to get the same flavor with home canning. We now eat them fresh in salads and pasta, or just by themselves, or on crackers.

OK, I'm dragging out the big guns from the archive. Here's my all-time favorite macro shot:

bumbler.jpg

IGG WARNING:
I have a few more favs, but a lot of them involve SPIDERS. If you are not IGGY, you can see some more bug pics including SPIDERS and SPIDERS eating stuff here: bug pics

caroltlw said:
OK, I'm dragging out the big guns from the archive. Here's my all-time favorite macro shot:

bumbler.jpg

IGG WARNING:
I have a few more favs, but a lot of them involve SPIDERS. If you are not IGGY, you can see some more bug pics including SPIDERS and SPIDERS eating stuff here: bug pics

NeoWhoa.jpg

Back