• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mitch's Pics (flowers and pods)

Your camera work is amazing. I love the shot of your 7 tree looking up like you were an ant about to climb the beast :cool:

Keep them coming. And I agree the yellow 7 is one of the best tasting peppers ever. :drooling:

nice pics!

i think you should move your thread to the growing or Glog section.

i love your nice loaded plants!

good jub !
Thanks mate. I had one in the growlog section. But I though this would just be purely photos. Cheers
Your camera work is amazing. I love the shot of your 7 tree looking up like you were an ant about to climb the beast :cool:

Keep them coming. And I agree the yellow 7 is one of the best tasting peppers ever. :drooling:
Cheers :) I will take more shots from an ants point of view when they start to ripen. The yellow 7 flavour is outstanding :)
Sweet pics!!!
Thanks Prehensile :)

More pics
ripening yellow 7
P1000443.jpg

ripening scotch bonnets
P1000436.jpg

P1000466.jpg

rocoto flower and pod
P1000433.jpg

fatali hybrid
P1000446.jpg

aji amarillos
P1000430.jpg

Cheers
Mitch

from an ants perspective (due to popular demand)

yellow 7
P1000448.jpg

scotch bonnet
P1000464.jpg

fatali hybrid
P1000459.jpg

bishops crown (pod to the top right)
P1000467.jpg

Great Pics Mitch, keep them coming,
wait till your Bishops Crown starts putting out pods, this is one big producer,
and they have a nice apple flavour also!

Great Pics Mitch, keep them coming,
wait till your Bishops Crown starts putting out pods, this is one big producer,
and they have a nice apple flavour also!
thanks Grant :) Can wait to get heaps of crowns. Haven't tried them yet. Although the plant is huge and lots of flowers.

dont expect too much heat from your Bishop's crown... but it's one of my favorite pepper. the taste is unique and great! also nice when you use that peper for stuffing.
sure it give only small snak size bite but so good!

and continue you pictures! amazing and i love the perspective!

We should have a "PHOTO" section in this forum! this way we could put all the pictoral info in the same zone! (easier to track also ;) )

dont expect too much heat from your Bishop's crown... but it's one of my favorite pepper. the taste is unique and great! also nice when you use that peper for stuffing.
sure it give only small snak size bite but so good!

and continue you pictures! amazing and i love the perspective!

We should have a "PHOTO" section in this forum! this way we could put all the pictoral info in the same zone! (easier to track also ;) )
I cant wait to try the bishops crown. Will be nice to have something that I can munch on without the overpowering heat :) Will give stuffing them a go too. Thanks for the kind words. Yes a photo section purely consisting of peoples best pics would be a great idea.
Cheers

Tried the Scotch Bonnet today:

P1000436.jpg

P1000474.jpg

P1000481.jpg

Review: I loved this pepper. It was the first time I have tried it. The initial scent as I cut it open reminded me of a habanero. Quite a fruity smell. I counted 38 seeds in the pod and as you can see there is some good placenta and capsaicin in there. It had a nice rather thick wall too it and the texture was great. The flavour actually suprised me a bit. I didn't think it would be as fruity. Tasted very similar to a habanero in my opinion. The heat didn't kick in till I had swallowed it. It did have a nice bit of heat. However, I expected it to be hotter. The heat peaked at about 4 minutes and was based on the tongue and roof of the mouth, not in the throat, but I didn't require anything to cool it down. A hybrid fatali (I will do a review on soon) I tried the other day seemed to have quite a bit more heat.

Overall I would say this was a great pepper and I loved the taste. I highly reccommend it if you haven't grown/tried it yet.

HEAT: 7.5

FLAVOUR: 8.5

Cheers
Mitch

Mitch your pics blow me away!!! Im growing some aji's this year for the first time cant wait for the blooms.Let us know how they turn out.

Mitch, any chance of you sharing your fertilizing, watering, soil, etc. preferences with us?? :D
No problems meinhoch :)

I used a mixtured of:
potting mix (with control released fertilisers) 80%
perlite: 10%
verminulite: 10%

Also I mulch with some woodchips on top.

I used seaweed solution (powerfeed) up untill the plants flowered, once every 2 weeks.
Then once flowered I use tomato feed (half strength), once every 2 weeks.

I try not to overfertilise as the potting mix has some fertiliser in it, and I dont want fert burn.

I just water whenever they need it, usually let them nearly wilt, then water. Never let them go dry and never drown them (although we just got our first downpour today after weeks of glorious sunshine).

Hope that helps

Cheers
Mitch

Heres a few more pics

After I cut back the fatali and the butch t...
P1000352.jpg

P1000351.jpg

they are making a good comeback (butch t left and fatali right)
P1000483.jpg

rocoto manazano pod
P1000482.jpg

yellow 7's ripening ( the one in the center front is a beast, must be close to 20 grams)
P1000488.jpg

scotch bonnets ripening
P1000484.jpg

first peter pepper pods to set
P1000489.jpg

Cheers
Mitch

Back