Mmmm...Beer for lunch

I work two miles away from Gordan Beirch brewery...not a good thing for an alchoholic like me....and went there for lunch. Bought two pints of Winterbock (8.0% abv) and a pizza. Got back to work at 1:15 (an hour and 15 minute break). Then around 2:00, I started to drool....litterally drool! I needed another beer! Their beer is sooooo tasty!

The Winterbock (did I mention it's 8%abv yet?) is really thick. After two pints, one is left feeling very full! I had four pints last Sunday and could hardly walk becauce my stomich felt distended....ugh...full of good beer.

So today, at 12:00 I went for beer and food at GB. Got two pintrs and a pizza (mmmm.....pizza.........). Then I was drooling for more at 2:00. At 2:45, I went for more. I jumped in the car with buddy/coworker/clone Chase and drove as fast as I could to GB's in Burbank. 18 minutes later, we were back in Glendale (at work) with another pint in us and a FULL 1/2 gallon bottle of beer to save for home.

Really, what other job (besides Software Technition/Bata Tester/akak Video Game Tester) can you get to do stuff like this on your job?

imaguitargod said:
I work two miles away from Gordan Beirch brewery...not a good thing for an alchoholic like me....and went there for lunch. Bought two pints of Winterbock (8.0% abv) and a pizza. Got back to work at 1:15 (an hour and 15 minute break). Then around 2:00, I started to drool....litterally drool! I needed another beer! Their beer is sooooo tasty!

The Winterbock (did I mention it's 8%abv yet?) is really thick. After two pints, one is left feeling very full! I had four pints last Sunday and could hardly walk becauce my stomich felt distended....ugh...full of good beer.

So today, at 12:00 I went for beer and food at GB. Got two pintrs and a pizza (mmmm.....pizza.........). Then I was drooling for more at 2:00. At 2:45, I went for more. I jumped in the car with buddy/coworker/clone Chase and drove as fast as I could to GB's in Burbank. 18 minutes later, we were back in Glendale (at work) with another pint in us and a FULL 1/2 gallon bottle of beer to save for home.

Really, what other job (besides Software Technition/Bata Tester/akak Video Game Tester) can you get to do stuff like this on your job?

Jon:

What are you doing for Breakfast? Drinking and driving??.....never mind!

Blue's

imaguitargod said:
No, I wait until at least 11:00(am) to start drinking.....

Always strive to do better. Remember 11::00 on the left coast is 2:00 on the right coast. Time is relative. 24 beers to a case and 24 hours to a day is not coincedence. (sp-5)

Blue's
www.bluesbbq.net
Blue's is tired of blah food

Jon, i usually make my saurkraut around 9:00am german style....one splash of beer for the krauts one for marco.....:onfire: by 11:00am i am trashed..:shocked: gladly only happens 2 days a week..:shocked:

Hey mullet, seek help Bro.
The eves are fair game, but ya need to be worth your salt while drawing a wage.
You dont need outside intervention, just draw back a bit, and life is good.

imaguitargod said:

Hot Sauce Pimp
-or-
Rock Star

Pick one! :onfire:

sounds like a dream come true! i wish there was a good local place that brewed their own beers. there is one..but compared to the only other place i've been to like that, the one here is pretty weak. i liked the beer i had, but the selection of styles wasn't as good and they didn't have as many over all.

you guys hiring? :shocked:

xgrafcorex said:
sounds like a dream come true! i wish there was a good local place that brewed their own beers. there is one..but compared to the only other place i've been to like that, the one here is pretty weak. i liked the beer i had, but the selection of styles wasn't as good and they didn't have as many over all.

you guys hiring? :shocked:
LOL, not right now. But I know of a few other game testing companies that are. :lol:

imaguitargod said:
Since I'm going again today at lunch...I'll find out for ya!

:( suddenly i've come down with a case of "lunch envy" :think: i have a leinenkugel's sunset wheat in the fridge that i'll probably have with lunch..but its not quite the same..not sure what i'll be eating either.

ross said:
ive had a few of their beers. do they have a stout or double iPA? im too lazy to look :think:

I just checked, no Stouts or IPA's....and I;m so stuuuuuuuuuuupid! I went there and didn't use my rewards card....stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid! That's 35 points down the drain........ ugh!

imaguitargod said:
I just checked, no Stouts or IPA's....and I;m so stuuuuuuuuuuupid! I went there and didn't use my rewards card....stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid! That's 35 points down the drain........ ugh!

doh! DOH! i'm a big fan of stouts and ipas..you should but in a request for them in the suggestion box. :think: do you get free beers with so many points?

xgrafcorex said:
do you get free beers with so many points?
Yep, spend $20 (which they send you back in a gift cert after 4 weeks in renbursemtn for joining) and get the card. For every $1 you spend you get 1 point. After a certin point (250 points, 500 points, 700 points) you get a gift certificate. Then eventua,lly you can get a dinenr for 10 and then a vacation and so on and so fourth.

Back