• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

Hey, DeNNiZ, looking good there.  Won't be long now.  If you said already, I missed it, but what was your final tally from the 70 seeds you sowed from the pods I sent?

I have at least 12 up and going.  I said earlier I planted 12 seeds, two each in 6 cells, but since I have 3 plants in a couple of cells, I must have been mistaken.  Anyway, 12 healthy ones, including one helmet that is growing out on its own.  I killed one helmet trying to save it and another looks like it won't make it.  Picture update at some point.

I'm giving them about 20 hours of T8 fluoro light, 2 bulbs. Too much? Will they get used to it? The other plants aren't curling.  Just wondering how some growers like PIC1 go 24 hours with their fluoros, and no issues...

Just raise your lights a bit. Certain varieties are more tolerant or resistant to light than others. I have noticed that some of my baccatums get sunburned very easily. Raising the lights solves the problem. They could be a lot worse off. Correct it before it gets worse.

Back