• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

Jamison said:
Them babies are looking stout man!  Awesome job Neil!
Thanks Jamison! Pretty happy to see them growing as good as they are. I can't believe how broad the leaves are and how they basically cover the entire pot. I can barely get the watering can in between the leaves to give it some nutes!

Neil

Blister said:
Thanks Jamison! Pretty happy to see them growing as good as they are. I can't believe how broad the leaves are and how they basically cover the entire pot. I can barely get the watering can in between the leaves to give it some nutes!

Neil
Its so typical of them MoA's.  They def have the broadest leaves of all C. Chinense plants that I've ever grown.  I'm just glad Steve sent me some OG's and I was able to keep some isolated from everything and share seeds with lots of people on here.  I must have sent out over 300 seeds and no more than 12 in a pack.  Thats a lot of MoA's hopefully growing!!

Jamison said:
Its so typical of them MoA's.  They def have the broadest leaves of all C. Chinense plants that I've ever grown.  I'm just glad Steve sent me some OG's and I was able to keep some isolated from everything and share seeds with lots of people on here.  I must have sent out over 300 seeds and no more than 12 in a pack.  Thats a lot of MoA's hopefully growing!!
Whoa! That's a lot of seed. I'm definitely going to isolate and harvest seed if I can get these to ripe fruit. I'm really looking forward to cooking with them.

KD....the leaves on 2 of your photos look narrow and "Habish", I'm curious to see the what kind of pods you get off those plants.
Jerisons pods have the bonnet traits, probably a gene thing with the funky shape. I bet those tasted great, especially grown in climate of the Hawaiian tropics.

Pepper-Guru said:
Beautiful photos. Are a lot a people getting pods that differ from the iconic shape?

BTW, who the hell sent me these seeds?! LOL I can't remember for the life of me and most of my inbox has been deleted. 
That be I

My seeds are from Ramon. I have several of his JA Habs at the opposite end of this row.
Also have a pair of his White Bhuts going in next week. 

Thanks. But it was your new garden that inspired me to put those peppers in a big hill like that. It'll give those peppers some breathing space if the clay gets too wet. Which it will at some point. Plan is to get some old chips on there next week.

Back