• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Moink Balls

Dont know if anyone's had these but my local fab BBQ joint just started doing smoked moink balls & I thought I'd throw y'all a bone with a recipe I found:

http://noexcusesbbq.com/recipes/moink-balls

They are so so easy, can be altered in a myriad of ways (add peppers/cheese/spices/etc to the meatballs or make 'em simple) and are FANTASTIC! Awesome addition to any party. Enjoy!

Yeah - that's a "quickie" recipe I've honestly never made. I'm all about the home made 3 meat meatball with shredded asiago sprinkled in & dusted with Cayanne pepper.

This just gives a general idea of what a moink is - can be as quick & easy as buying meatballs & bacon or as complex as you want to make it. I love that!
:cheers:

LD here's some bison BOINK's is did a while back along with some country style ribs.

IMG_2608.jpg

Along for the ride was also a smoked bloomin' onion w/ bacon, and some leftover bison for a few poppers. Can't really tell from the pics but the ground bison was mixed with some shredded cheddar and gave the boinks a rich creamy mouth feel and taste.

IMG_2618.jpg

Its all awesome party food!

I love them, I made them a couple of times last year, great appetizer! First we had:
IMAG0130.jpg

and then later we had these
IMAG0223.jpg

and yes they tasted really good :D

Back