• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Monsanto Protection Act

Nothing wrong with GMO as a whole. Just Monsanto.

Edit: Due to various mentalities regarding GMO products, I will not be elaborating anything.

Edit 2: Here anyway. Send a PM for clarification. This should really have been under hot button topics.

How can you exempt an entire industry, class action lawsuit will be knocking down their doors 30 years from now.

Think about asbestos. Wait till some senators grandchild or child is born with 2 heads from GMOs and there was no twin.

Wonder how much they donated to Obama? I guess you can't buy a vote, but you can buy a law or bill.

Problem with GMOs is it make take a generation of cattle or humans to see the actual mutations caused from GMO corn for example. Cows are supposed to be grass raised, not corn.

Idk, check this guy out. He's got all the counters for anti-gmo folks. It's pretty interesting stuff. Lots of documented research and what not. You might like it.
But then again being a bio major I don't think its all that bad considering it is my dream to work on transgenic plants.

http://gmopundit.blogspot.com/

7potquezada said:
Idk, check this guy out. He's got all the counters for anti-gmo folks. It's pretty interesting stuff. Lots of documented research and what not. You might like it.
But then again being a bio major I don't think its all that bad considering it is my dream to work on transgenic plants.

http://gmopundit.blogspot.com/
Interesting. Some GMO are risky, and some aren't. Acorns modified to include (more)cyanide in them=dangerous waste of time. Golden rice=good idea. 

When working on transgenic plants, keep the heck off capsciacin modifiers in peppers. Doing so is cheating, and I would be obligated to hit you with a 2x4.

There is a difference from getting hybrids from two different plants to GMOs. I think all GMOs are bad. I would have to see a 100 year study to then trust it. It doesn't take much to damage your DNA.

Perfect example is asbestos. It does physical damage to your DNA. The needle like end can be so small it can actually knock parts of your DNA strand apart causing deformations of cells thus cancer.

Just imagine how much easier chemicals can do this. Do you guys think Fluoride is good for you in water?

Yes research shows that fluoride in water is safe and good for your teeth. Why, do you think it is a Communist plot?

My possibly useless opinion is that IF a GMO was a fast track to getting a specific variety to be whatever,it could be good and not taking generations to develope a stable hybrid..
BUT from what I read,GMO's are mostly designed to include,non species specific genes to get a result from the designer.
Your pods might be from a weed,not a perpper plant.

I see no problem with fast tracking a pepper hybrid.

BUT adding NON plant genes to a plant so it kills bugs,is immune to roundup or whatever-outside of ANY possible natural cross is a risk not worth taking in the long run.
These days GMO's are more than trying to get a hybrid but to engineer a franken crop of whatever.
Same thing is going on with livestock.

No. It is poison. Commercial waste from the aluminum smelting process.

We are literally screwing ourselves up from the inside. Fluoride in the water is bad. How can you dose an entire population by water? Do you know how much everyone drinks? What about toxic buildup in plants?

http://rense.com/general9/florideacc.htm

I have been mildly poisoned by fluoride as a kid. Stupid dentist thought I should see him 2 times a year - Fluoride treatment.

In grade school, nurse would come by and give everyone Fluoride trays...Fluoride in toothpaste. Do you wonder why you shouldn't swallow fluoridated toothpaste. It is poison.

I never had a cavity in my life. Fluoride, well no. Just good dental care.

I had mild poisoning from fluoride. Every dentist wants to bleach my teeth. Because of the white spots. I make them a wager. If you can't get rid of the white spots, I'm not paying. They agree. I have never paid for bleaching or other cosmetic dental work.

http://fluoridealert.org/issues/fluorosis/

Don't tell me that fluoride is not bad for you. I know first hand. I avoid fluoride like the plague.

cruzzfish said:
Interesting. Some GMO are risky, and some aren't. Acorns modified to include (more)cyanide in them=dangerous waste of time. Golden rice=good idea. 

When working on transgenic plants, keep the heck off capsciacin modifiers in peppers. Doing so is cheating, and I would be obligated to hit you with a 2x4.
Yeah dude, not a chance. Too many people have done that already lol. They're not commercially available though. On my honor. Never. I will keep it traditional when it comes to developing a cool pepper. It just wouldn't feel right. Takes the sport out of it ya know?

I bet if there was some new genetically modified chilli that grew as big as a oak tree with pods as big as footballs you would all be rushing to get seeds :D

Grafting or cross pollination is about as far as I think we should go with crops. Gene splicing is bad. Just because you want to play GOD doesn't mean you should. They have not done enough long term studies of eating GMO foods.

Another perfect example is sugar and HFCS. The food industry will tell you your body can't tell the difference. Doctors will tell you differently. I also try to avoid HFCS. Bad stuff.

McGuiver said:
Grafting or cross pollination is about as far as I think we should go with crops. Gene splicing is bad. Just because you want to play GOD doesn't mean you should. They have not done enough long term studies of eating GMO foods.

Another perfect example is sugar and HFCS. The food industry will tell you your body can't tell the difference. Doctors will tell you differently. I also try to avoid HFCS. Bad stuff.
"play GOD", you fail to realize that most of the scientists working on these projects are athiests. They are not playing god if to them the diety does not exist. It's just plain jane science, no more no less, no direct attack or mimicking of a deity. I can't stand it when people make statements like that.

On another note, yes, we do need real long term studies.

7potquezada said:
"play GOD", you fail to realize that most of the scientists working on these projects are athiests. They are not playing god if to them the diety does not exist. It's just plain jane science, no more no less, no direct attack or mimicking of a deity. I can't stand it when people make statements like that.

On another note, yes, we do need real long term studies.
If we can make something needed, safe, and have long term study, then yes. But just rushing it to market to be greedy, have your buddy the president sign a bill into law is just plain corruption. For the FDA to recognize something as ok these days is all in who you know.

I'm just messing with you guys playing GOD. We do need science to save us from the damage we've done.

To bad Monsanto didn't get in on the ground floor with Obama Care. They could have required GMO drugs from crops...

McGuiver said:
If we can make something needed, safe, and have long term study, then yes. But just rushing it to market to be greedy, have your buddy the president sign a bill into law is just plain corruption. For the FDA to recognize something as ok these days is all in who you know.

I'm just messing with you guys playing GOD. We do need science to save us from the damage we've done.

To bad Monsanto didn't get in on the ground floor with Obama Care. They could have required GMO drugs from crops...
Yes very true, I recently did a research paper in school in regards to Biotech companies and their lack on transparency. Very crooked indeed. They've put millions into lobbying so they don't have to label gmo containing products. Honestly, they really need to educate the public more on what gmo's really are, their benefits and the accomplishments gmo's have brought for humanity. Then im sure the public won't be so skeptic, but their latest approach is just taking steps backwards. On the bright side. Farmers markets have been coming up in business though. Gotta love the local organic farmer.

If there is hazards though, why not put a label on it? We have surgeon general warnings on cigarettes and alcohol. In California we have prop65 signs which are in every food establishment. Prop 65 states that there are chemicals in the food which are harmful to humans, yet people consent to it on a daily basis.  These signs are required in every food selling establishment. They could do that at the very least for gmos like btcorn and bt soy....I don't see why not. 

7potquezada said:
Yes very true, I recently did a research paper in school in regards to Biotech companies and their lack on transparency. Very crooked indeed. They've put millions into lobbying so they don't have to label gmo containing products. Honestly, they really need to educate the public more on what gmo's really are, their benefits and the accomplishments gmo's have brought for humanity. Then im sure the public won't be so skeptic, but their latest approach is just taking steps backwards. On the bright side. Farmers markets have been coming up in business though. Gotta love the local organic farmer.
You are right. Seriously though fluoride and HFCS are really bad stuff. These two things will most likely kill more people than GMO food. I have been around grain silos, and you must gas them to kill the critters inside eating the grain. Now the EPA in California does not want grain silos here. Why? The toxins used to gas the silos with.

Back