• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

MONSTER peppers from he!!, and a new sauce.

I just returned from vacation to about a million peppers!

I made a sauce using 75 fatalii, and 50 datils!
I used a few orange tomatoes, SEVERAL tomatillo's, a lot of garlic, a few onions, and I acidified it with mostly lime juice, but I also used some apple cider vinegar.

It is not as nuclear as I had expected, but it is still blazing, with GREAT fruity flavor without being sweet at all.
(I also tossed in one of these freaks just cuz)
They resemble the "brain strain" 7-pot but they are HUGE and almost inedible, they are so hot!
P7220007.jpg

P7220003.jpg

In the pot OUTSIDE...
P7220010.jpg

P7220009.jpg

Thanks, Nate!
I was vacationing in FL with the family for the last 10 days.
I have 20 jars of the stuff!

Any ideas what those peppers are?
The seed was labled 7-pot Jonah, but I am not convinced that is what I have.

Thanks again.
Kat

patrick said:
That looks like it would be good on ice cream!

Big pods but that doesn't mean they aren't 7 pots.

ICE CREAM?!............. WTF?
seriously?

hmmmm I guess I could give it a try!

PS. how bout I send you a pod and you eat it on video! :)

Hey Katrina congrats on the nice harvest. The sauce looks really good, but 20 jars that is less than 4 Fatalii and 2.5 Datil per jar. When I make my sauce I'll use 200+ chilis and only make 6 to 8 of those jars. I am also growing a 7 Pot Jonah and that is exactly what your plant is. I've only had a few pods but mine look just like those up top. I'd apprecaite if you don't confuse the two anymore.:)

Katrina said:
ICE CREAM?!............. WTF?
seriously?

hmmmm I guess I could give it a try!

PS. how bout I send you a pod and you eat it on video! :)

Now I wouldn't eat it on ice cream, some around here would I bet, but it does look good enough to do it.

If I have to eat one to get one I'll pass for now. For now.

How did your sauce go from whole peppers to sauce? You get the blender or food processor out?

Thanks Kat.

that is one sweet setup. that's definitely the way to make hot sauce! I'm also curious to hear the answer to Patrick's question above about the food processor.

The process that I used for that batch was:
Bring to a simmer then use a stick blender until smooth, then reduce to desired consistency.

On occasion I will use a food mill to remove all skins and seeds, but I was feeling lazy. I took some to work today and it got RAVE reviews!

I made a different batch tonight, and I doubt it is as good. Too many 7 pots, and dorset naga's. It turned out a little bitter and TOO HOT!

Kat

Back