• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video More Free triple species interspecific variegated genetics

https://youtu.be/QiXWGyLQ5kI

I would ask that if you get some to germinate, you post pictures if you can and at the very last share some fruit back with me.

The mom in this case, C. annuum 'Variegata' x C. baccatum 'Sugar Rush Peach' has some very beautiful flowers and his heterozygous fro variegaton.

The pollen donor, C. frutescens 'Cabai Burung Ungu' has perhaps one of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen on a C. frutescens.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, will be to grow some of these f1 plants... none of which should be variegated if I did my job well.

The F2 however... those should be dynamite!

Variegation will come back in some of these seedlings in the f2... statistically speaking. But there is always a chance it won't as the mom is only heterozygous for variegation which means it is a flip of the coin as to whether any seedling will carry variegation or not.

I'll attempt it. I'm starting my seeds this weekend. I already PM'd my address for the other seeds you we're sending out if you want to throw these in there too.

ADRUNKK said:
I'll attempt it. I'm starting my seeds this weekend. I already PM'd my address for the other seeds you we're sending out if you want to throw these in there too.
I am betting you get more seed varieties f1... f1bc1, etc... than you thought you were getting and I bet they arrive today or tomorrow!

https://youtu.be/Kb_Xi3HLEGQ

@PollenNut I sent you a PM. I would be willing to grow some for you. I'm always up for new varieties and can always figure out how to make more room in the garden. Just let me know if you end up sending any out by either this thread or by PM. Thanks.

kanikedude03 said:
@PollenNut I sent you a PM. I would be willing to grow some for you. I'm always up for new varieties and can always figure out how to make more room in the garden. Just let me know if you end up sending any out by either this thread or by PM. Thanks.
I generally have fruit maturing year round from different exciting crosses so... yeah... I've got seed.

My personal area of interest is variegated interspecific (different species x different species) and intraspecific (same species x same species) hybrids so expect that in your grow outs if you ask for seed from me.

Heterozygous variegated seed= zero variegation as a general rule. The f2 is where you start to see the magic happen on those. Seeds I sent out today.... just a few of them below and all one of a kind f1, f2, f1bc1 crosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYeySym4g7g

Just in case you need a pepper growing resume (and maybe a laugh), this was one of my best picks (right around halloween last year). haha. I've never bred my own crosses, but I have certainly thought about it. Also 2019 was pretty much my first year growing peppers (at least more than 3 varieties).

Attachments

• 20191031_180054 (1).jpg
    20191031_180054 (1).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 132

I would ask that if you get some to germinate, you post pictures if you can and at the very last share some fruit back with me.

The mom in this case, C. annuum 'Variegata' x C. baccatum 'Sugar Rush Peach' has some very beautiful flowers and his heterozygous fro variegaton.

The pollen donor, C. frutescens 'Cabai Burung Ungu' has perhaps one of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen on a C. frutescens.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, will be to grow some of these f1 plants... none of which should be variegated if I did my job well.

The F2 however... those should be dynamite!

Variegation will come back in some of these seedlings in the f2... statistically speaking. But there is always a chance it won't as the mom is only heterozygous for variegation which means it is a flip of the coin as to whether any seedling will carry variegation or not.
If you are still offering seed ,I would like to grow some out for you

Back