• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Most Anticipated Variety

As my plants get bigger, I'm starting to realise just how high my hopes for AJ's white bubblegums are. They look super spooky on his pics but apparently aren't as amazing consistently so we'll have to see.
It's agonizing.

Chorizo857_62J said:
I would like to grow a chocolate variety of some hot to super-hot.  Maybe a Bhut or scorpion variant.
After mine set pods Ill post pics and if you see one you like I can always hook you up. I have a bunch of chocolate varieties growing so probably will have a nice selection to choose from.

spicefreak said:
As my plants get bigger, I'm starting to realise just how high my hopes for AJ's white bubblegums are. They look super spooky on his pics but apparently aren't as amazing consistently so we'll have to see.
It's agonizing.
I saw those same pics and was thinking about trying them next year. I'm glad you're growing them and I hope to see your progress on that variety.

Bob_B said:
I'm pretty stoked about growing Naga Morich for the first time this season....
That´s a very underrated chile.  I guess some ppl don´t like them, but for me, i consider them a must-grow variety.  

scrufy said:
Same as every year... Fresh Fatalii
**Mark as bet answer.**  
(I had taken this thread to be about new-to-you types of chiles; but really, i´m looking forward to my established favorites as much--or more--than any of the ¨new¨ ones.  I think Fataliis are probably high on everyone´s list of perennial favorites....)

Chorizo857_62J said:
I would like to grow a chocolate variety of some hot to super-hot.  Maybe a Bhut or scorpion variant.
I generally don´t like chocolates, but kinda late in the game, i decided i wanted to grow a brutal-looking brown super.  THP member Walchit came thru with some chocolate branstrains with an intriguing epithet:  ¨Ralph the Chilihead.¨  He only sent a few seeds, and I only got one plant, but that plant looks so nice, i am really stoked to see where it´s at by the end of the season....

Ghostpepperevolution said:
Ghaleon- Im currently growing one of these
Reaper X JPGS first time so now you got me looking forward to tasting it.

Well on PBM it's listed as Peach Reaper. I've seen other sites with peach colored reapers that are supposedly natural variants on the red.

All I do know is that the flavor of that cross is excellent and it lit my throat up like crazy. I totally underestimated that pod. I only had a couple of them and regret not taking the seeds from them.

I'm looking forward to the pictures of your pods!

Ghaleon said:

Well on PBM it's listed as Peach Reaper. I've seen other sites with peach colored reapers that are supposedly natural variants on the red.

All I do know is that the flavor of that cross is excellent and it lit my throat up like crazy. I totally underestimated that pod. I only had a couple of them and regret not taking the seeds from them.

I'm looking forward to the pictures of your pods!
I'm also growing a Reaper x JPGS, but I have the strain from Tyler Farms called the California Reaper. My plant is still small and just went in the ground, but it grows just like a JPGS...long, wavy leaves. Even if it is just a reaper-shaped pheno of JPGS, that'll be fine...I like JPGS and didn't grow one this year.

A beautiful pod is nice (Chocolate Scotch Bonnets are almost too pretty to eat) but it's all about flavor to me and the two I had were among the most delicious flavor I've had and the burn was really surprising for a peach pod.

If I decide to grow peppers and can only do a few, it would definitely be one of the ones to make the cut.

Bicycle808 said:
That´s a very underrated chile.  I guess some ppl don´t like them, but for me, i consider them a must-grow variety.  

**Mark as bet answer.**  
(I had taken this thread to be about new-to-you types of chiles; but really, i´m looking forward to my established favorites as much--or more--than any of the ¨new¨ ones.  I think Fataliis are probably high on everyone´s list of perennial favorites....)

I generally don´t like chocolates, but kinda late in the game, i decided i wanted to grow a brutal-looking brown super.  THP member Walchit came thru with some chocolate branstrains with an intriguing epithet:  ¨Ralph the Chilihead.¨  He only sent a few seeds, and I only got one plant, but that plant looks so nice, i am really stoked to see where it´s at by the end of the season....

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 64
Bicycle808 said:
it´s been my experience that peach pods can be hot as eff.  i grew a JPGS last year, and loved it... growing a few JPGS plants this year....

I was a little underwhelmed by my JPGSs. Same sort of heat to a red Bhut but the flavour wasn't one that carried as well through meals.

As a fresh pepper it's pretty pleasant. Mild bitterness, but not in a bad way, with lots of subtlety and nuance. Only problem is, of course, the Ghost-like heat making it hard to handle.

Bob_B said:
Bicycle - I wanted to see if this Naga looks like yours.
I'm sorry; I thought I'd answered this a few days ago, but I guess it didn't go through..

I grew three Naga plants last year. They all looked a lot like the pods on your picture... Same pimpley surface, same ridges, same basic shape although my one plant threw pods with a more elongated phenotype. The only real difference is, mine had more squared off "shoulders," but that probably falls under normal variation...

Hth!

Back