• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Motem germinator!

Anyone put their seeds in moist paper towels/ziplocks then in a paper bag and place on top of your computer motem? Motem feels pretty warm so i put a teeshirt in bottom of paper bag to insulate between ziplocks so I don't cook my seeds. Rolled up the paper bag to keep the heat in. Hopefully will speed up the germinating process of the stubborn seeds.

I have used 8 oz plastic deli containers placed on a heat mat, when I ran out of capacity I would set the overflow on top the furnace…they all germinated nicely. You're already paying to heat it up so you might as well as use it "maximizing your utility investments".

I know what "root" means in Aussie slang, but a rooter? Are you drinking already, didn't you just wake up over there? My Nizzle!

dvd case allows more air into the mixture.
I dont like the closed plastic baggie because i feel like i am smothering the seeds.
I pop bhuts within a week with my method.
I use the top of my t-5 light for the warmth.

seeds don't need air to germinate just water and heat.but your router does burnt one out with seeds in a plastic bag almost bunt the house down. bite the bullet and buy a germinating kit with a heater and tray&cover much safer and works good.

Back