MPLS MN NOOB

Hello from Minneapolis MN!

A little background about me.

I discovered and have followed this site since mid august 2011 and have been obsessed with it... don't know why i waited so long to make a profile i guess now is the best time, its new years and a new grow season!

How I got addicted to peppers.

A co-worker grows his own peppers and brought in a fresh red habanero and dared me to eat it!
I've always liked spicy foods so i did it and loved it, he thought i was crazy and told me he will bring in something hotter in a week or so. three weeks later he brings in a deep red bhut jolokia, i said i never heard of it, he says its a ghost pepper, well watching the food network taught me that it was (one of) the hottest peppers in the world. Made me a little nervous that it was three times hotter than a red hab. So with a little convincing from our boss, (20 dollars) i ate it! it was hell, the flavor was awesome... makes me hungry thinking about it, but the heat was something else, breathing was hard to do, every time air passed my tongue was like a fire ( you know when you blow air on hot coals of a fire and they get brighter). but the thing is when it mellowed i wanted more. Sadly his plants didnt do to well this summer but he managed to make a puree of 50/50 bhut/hab... its awesome stuff and ive been trying to stretch out the bottle he gave me but it's wearing thin, so i decided to grow my own!

Around the time i ate the bhut is when i discovered this site and realized that the ghost pepper is not the hottest pepper... its the Butch T T.S. so we ordered some seeds off amazon to try and grow them. when they arrived they were marked Trinidad scorpion moruga. still a hot pepper but not sure if its as is or weaker then the butch T heat wise, still excited to try it!

Growing plants

When it comes to growing plants i dont know i damn thing about it. still learning and tried to grow the T.S. and got seven out of twelve seeds to sprout but a weekend spent out of town killed them :(
so now i started over, after reading many posts about the subject im going to start over fresh with simpler strains: bell pepper, jalapeno, habanero, and T.S. moruga. Im broke and dont have any high tech lights so im going to be using 65w cfl for the time being until i get some t5s.

The to do (want to try) list
Fatali
7 pot
brain strain
naga viper
tabasco
chocolate bhut, hab.

Back