Mr. Distiller/Easy Distiller????

Anybody have a Mr Distiller/Easy Distiller? It's a pot still, so the mash will impart flavors. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying one to play with.

....hamemade not MR. distl. I love mine.... great flavor...and once you lern all bout it ya can mak some good stuf

I use mine to distil water.......................................it ilegl to use it to make alcohol..............LMAO.......................

Dyce51 said:
....hamemade not MR. distl. I love mine.... great flavor...and once you lern all bout it ya can mak some good stuf

I use mine to distil water.......................................it ilegl to use it to make alcohol..............LMAO.......................

Obviously drunk on water. Alcohol distillage may be illegal but firewater is not!

IGG would love this!

Salute', TB.

I'm not going to waste my time and money on that afterall. Instead I'm building one!!!! A high-output combo still. It'll have an 8 gallon pot so that I can distill 2 carboys of wash at once, and the head can be used as a pot still, fractioning, or reflux depending on the wash I'm using. All I have to do is hook up a hose or 2, and mess with column packing. I can make any spirit from whisky to super 99.7% pure(white lightening!!) neutral spirits. I have 2 carboys of wash bubbling away right now!!!! Just call me Uncle Jessie :drunk:

That is awesome!!

Addicted to making Beer myself.

How much does a batch cost and make?

I am sipping a $17.99 a sixer IIPA that cost me a little time, and roughly 96 cents a bottle to make.

:cheers:

If i made shine (aka neutral spirit) the cost would be broken down like this for a 25ltr wash that produces 3.8 ltrs of 92% (184 proof). From this roughly 13 bottles of 40% (80 proof) spirit can be produced.

Yeast-$8.95
8kg Sugar-$12
Carbon for filtering-$1
Roughly 250ltr water-Free (i don't pay for water)
Electricity-Whatever it costs you to run a 1300watt element for ~4 hours.

So there you go what would cost me at least $325 after the bastard tax man gets his "share" ends up costing approx $27. If one wants to flavour the neutral spirit the cost increases about $3 a bottle.

Those little Mr Distiller ones are ok if you want small quantities of ~120 proof but if you want good quantities of pure white lightening i recommend using the same kind of still that i have('nt) got at home and i do not use for making alcohol. Here is the link http://www.homebrewinn.com.au/images/Still_Instructions.pdf

This type of still is great if you like to plug'n'play, it has to be the easiest still to operate (heck even i would find it easy to use). There is no need to screw around with packing as that is already done and as long as your water flow is at least 1.5 ltr a minute through the column you cannot go wrong. You can run 100 ltrs a minute through it and the quality of the alcohol would not be comprimised, hell you can even run dirty water through it as it never contacts the shine.

A word of warning, always remember to discard the first ~150ml that comes out of the still. This is the "heads" and can kill you. At the very least it WILL make you blind and not the good kind of drunk blind.

Mash is just like wort. Just more sugar is all. Switch hops for sugar and that's about the only difference. I use 10#'s of sugar with 5-10#'s of grain plus some bakers yeast. Champagne, wine, and other yeasts aren't any better for making a wash IMO. Have I said that I've done this before;)

ALL ESTIMATES HERE: I'm putting about, let's say at most $10 in a 20L wash, and I (will)get around 3-4L of 80-95% alcohol out of a wash. That's just for a neutral spirit. Rums and whisky will be a couple cents to dollars more per batch, and I'll get a little less product, but it'll be TASTY!!!!

I'm still doing mental calculations based on grocery prices where I'm at, but I figure if vodka here is $20 per 750mL(outrageous, but true:shocked:) and I can get lets say a dozen same size and proof bottles, that I pay only lets say $1 per, then I saved $228. Not too bad:cool: I can probably get the price down even lower if I want, but it's just for fun and parties anyway!!!

Many of my work mornings have been cloudy due to this lightening! I just get over how the government thinks that drinkers should pay fir their lurks and purks. Sure the local bottle shop looses out but who are they kidding, my local charges $14.00 for a three pack of Tooheys New 750ml bottles whereas i can travel about ten minutes and pay $9.50 for the exact same bottles!
Make me wonder how much they are rorting me in their spirits! So simple i just don't buy spirits anymore :P

I have said it before and will say it again,Screw the establishment, just don't steal. The government hates competition...

I know on a $17.00 bottle of cheap whiskey the tax man gets around $13 of it......and a couple of gallons could be made for around $20.00

Back